CFA charter

I joined ithe CFA 6 months ago and met the work requirements. Fortunately just passed level 3 exam…What is next step in attaining the CFA charter? Ron Z.

Go check the Web site – does it say CFA after your name?

#DoItNow

NO. I just see my name.

Any specific location on the website to check? I’ve been perusing around and still can’t find the spot.

#newb

the only place on the website I can find with CFA after my name is in the directory

Thanks

I see CFA after my name in directory…So I guess that means I can use the designation going forward?

Do they automatically send something like a Paper certification or plaque?

not sure, i feel like i’ve read you can get a certificate. If you are a regular member in good standing and have passed all 3 levels you are a charterholder and can use the designation.

You need to search the CFA members directory. If you see CFA after your name then you have the charter. I just checked it earlier today and am happily a charterholder now. :slight_smile:

Ah ha - I see it now. Thanks!

In a few days you’ll get a confirmation email of the award of the CFA charter. About a week later you’ll receive an email with a link to claim your electronic CFA Charterholder badge. Awhile after that you’ll receive a mailed package with a gift and a CFA pin. Then in several weeks/months you’ll receive the physical certificate in a tube (it’s huge, seriously).

If you see CFA after your name in the member directory then you can immediately begin using the designation. If your firm requires approval before using a professional designation then of course you’ll want to do that first.

Got the charter around 2 hours following the results. Check the members’ directory.