MPS should be around 59% easy to find out with the new exam results...

just use the proportions (distance from the different percentiles, your score from MPS,…) there is some margin depending on the accuracy of the measures you take.

I came out to a MPS of 59%, I scored 58% and I failed. I also see from my exam results that my score is approximately the MPS.

With the same method I calculated the score for each topic, multiplied with the weights and I came out around 57.5%

Did the same with the essay and the item part, each weights 50% and I came out with 58%.

90% percentile scored in total around 73% 10% percentile scored in total around 45%

this confirms what i thought i knew all along which is that the MPS is lower than it is for L2. i would say its likely around 60-61%

the CFAI doesnt like it when ppl are able to PINPOINT the MPS at any level…so i think theyre about to quickly regret rolling out the new results format the way they did. its inarguable that the new results format gives retakers a very precise understanding of what you need to score to pass.

I would disagree, I think every year MPS is different depending on difficulty of the exam… this year could have been 60% but next year could be 65%. I am shocked at how low MPS was this year but same time shocked how poorly I did and failed cause I felt I would get 65%+ for certain specially for AM which I got killed on when I thought I got over 75%…something tells me I totally F’d up marking my bubble sheet or something went wrong because no way I can accept I was close to bottom 10% when I scored the TTs in 75% percentile based on their website…so confused

I felt exactly the same when my Ethics Score in CFA Level 2 exam this year (June 2018) shows below 10 percentile. I just can not believe it.

[/quote]

I felt exactly the same when my Ethics Score in CFA Level 2 exam this year (June 2018) shows below 10 percentile. I just can not believe it.

[/quote]

I wouldn’t take much from a low or high ethics score. It’s very arbitrary in the way the ethics rules are set up and the way it’s tested. I noticed on practice exams that I had huge variability in how well I did on the ethics sections. The cases generally don’t give you complete info and you need to infer things and there’s no way to know what CFAI wants you to infer (as one example). They really need to find a better way to test ethics that actually differentiates who knows it from who doesn’t.

I pretty much have the same score as you. Are you going for a retab?

Do you think is worth it? Would it be possible they change the result?

I dunno…it sounds like buying a lottery ticket but the only difference is no one has ever won (at least I have not seen anyone post their success story here). I thought it would be a waste of money but after reading more posts I am feeling wishy-washy now.

Don’t count on Ethics.

IN L2 last year I thought I crushed it ended up getting <50%

This year at L3 I thought Ethics crushed me, got ~10/11 questions right.