Here we go again! Yes I registered ... (update)

After going through all the emotions in the last two days and still being upset and angry about the way I failed by matter of 1-2 marks (based on my calculations) I decided to register and give this thing a last kick of the can… your messages and support helped me so thank you AFers.

I will make a plan in September and utilize a 3rd party provider and CFA Curriculum to do my studying this time; but will try and find a new way of studying along with starting earlier (October vs normal January/Feb)…I am posting my Marginal fail next to my plan up in the home office to remind me every night that I never wanna see that picture and feel this way again; motivation every day to ge this damn thing done… Oh skimming through the curriculum to see whats changed and on first book they already have a mistake LOL They changed the program to 19 SS instead of 18 but refer to 18SS in the first blue box under summary…insert palms in the face amoji here

Nice! That’s what I like to hear! Get it!

Good job giving it another go.

quitting on level 3 is like running a 26 mile marathon and quitting on mile 22

no dude. Level 3 in layman terms is like the butt end of a loaf of bread; no one likes it but everyone has to get through it to get to the good stuff after it.

Get at it, next time it’s yours!

You got this!

TBH, the L3 exams are tricky largely because of the format of the AM session. If you’ve managed to pass L1&L2 (which, IMO, are harder than L3), L3 shouldn’t be tough. The mistake I made during my first two attempts were to focus too much on the study material. This time, I spent the last 3-4 weeks doing past papers (under timed conditions), so I was able to work on my answer-writing technique, which really helped me out loads! Good luck for your next attempt.

Ok here’s your comfort, I was where you are last year when I failed Band 10 on my 2nd attempt. Yeah, I got angry and upset and most of all soooo de-motivated to go through another year of hell. I also have a young family and full time job.

But like a sucker, I re-enrolled. 3rd time is easier to study for coz you already know the stuff unlike the 1st timers. You have to now focus on your weak points and practice practice practice. Then this time next year you’ll be celebrating and encouraging others.

Just remember you are so close now. Don’t give up and not waste what you put in for L1 and L2.

All the best guys

It is just a matter of a year.

+1

First attempt too much study material. Now more mock exams under timed conditions, adn that Schweser live mock (excellent practice). Last but no least, another Saints supporter here :slight_smile: “…go marching in!”

I look forward to logging in here next August and seeing your pass! Good luck

Let‘s make it happen!

Good luck… Fantastic attitude… I am still in the denial / disbelief stage but hopefully will get to the angry ‘im gonna show you’ stage soon. !!!

To my surprise, quite a lot of people who I thought would pass failed, so let‘s leverage our strength and pass together next year!

I see you use Fitch. I used them in UK this year and thought they were terrible. Thank god I had other materials like IFT and Schweser

Let’s go!

Also waiting for my depression and disbelief to change to anger and will be registering again. Also starting in October. Do you guys want to form a whatsup group?

Not a bad idea to keep each other accountable on the go…last year I did not log in here much as compared to the year before and tried to put my head down and study until closer to the exam…I studied with one of my colleagues and found it very useful to support each other in small group. We only did that closer to the date but I think if we start early and keep one another accountable would be helpful. I will PM you

i refuse to register until i get my work exp approved. i work in B2B sales (selling financial research to hedge funds) so i think ill be ok. but still.

if/when my experience gets approved i will register. dont plan on starting till 12/1 tho. dont think its necessary honestly despite how poorly i failed this time.

I am with you. I did the same think last year. Also, I switched provider to Level Up and started Marc’s Video around August 15th. I practiced and reviewed at will along the way. By April 15, I had started full practices and review.

Then I went to the Omaha bootcamp. Honestly, the bootcamp review was not that important for me because I had completed the materials using Marc’s Video but what it did was to connect me with other people who share my struggle and learned how to confidently work to the exam and knew I was going to get most of the point I can get from the IPS. I have always get a lot of point the IPS section but I have always ended up burning precious time which is a no-no for the essays.

I have learned quite a few tricks that gave me extra point from Marc, which I had never knew before. Like I have never care about some white texts in the books after reading them. Some are extremely important.

Conclusion:

Start early, review often, practice and practice often and get you a good helper a long the way. For me, Levelup with Marc was the best.