L3 PM 10th percentile > 50%

I found it fascinating that the 10th percentile for the PM exam appears to be in the 56-58% range. Far higher than I expected. Really speaks to the idea that all the leverage for this exam is in the AM.

Yup the PM was fairly simple in my opinion. I would say 30-40 questions were fairly simple. Also most L3 candidates are very smart (having passed L1 and L2). So you are competing with the best minds out there who take this exam very seriously.

Every point counts in L3 !! I just managed to pass thanks to my strong showing on the PM section (80%). I frankly cannot understand my poor AM score (48%). One really cannot afford to lose points on the PM I would say.

PM is multiple choice. The expected score for a completely naive test taker, who knows nothing about finance, would be 33% correct, at zero percentile. Therefore, it is too far-fetched that the 10th percentile is in the 56-59% range for the PM for a group “prepared” test takers.

look at your results bro

I struggled with PM missing questions on material I knew. Walked out realizing some of my mistakes within a few minutes post exam. By the time you get to the end your brain starts to freeze up. I am very thankful for focusing so much time, effort, and money preparing for the essay portion. There are plenty of providers out there and some better than others. Financial Talent Exchange (Daren Miller) was my Jedi Master preparing for the writing session. You have all the motivation in the beginning but when March hits you start to stall a bit and he is such a motivator and positive thinker during the journey you just keep grinding. I was unsure if it was going to help but coming out of the AM I was 100% certain I passed, this actually pulled my average up to pass. In hindsight without taking his course and using his mocks I am certain I would be sitting again. I used more than one prep provider and used CFAI for the meat of studies. Feels great knowing I don’t have the weight of studies ahead!