Sign up  |  Log in

How long does Charter application take?

Just submitted it today. Local society is the Washington DC one. Guess it’ll probably take forever. 

Big Dreams Require Big Sacrifices - VWJETTY

Available Live or Online, our classes are taught by CFA® charterholders that have a history of helping candidates pass. Take your studies seriously with a live class from Schweser.

Submitted my application on Wednesday afternoon & still under work experience review :(

It took exactly 1 week in my case to have the charter granted, but I have submitted relevant job experience. Maybe it gave me an advantage.

After the work experience had been approved, I just activated my membership and now I am a charterholder. :)

Black8Mamba23 wrote:

Submitted my app Wednesday morning, still waiting. 

submitted mine the day results came out and it’s still with the local society. Could be three more weeks. Fortunately not a huge deal in my case.

alcor wrote:

After the work experience had been approved, I just activated my membership and now I am a charterholder. :)

Congrats!! 

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." -Viktor Frankl

Submitted the application on Monday. Approved on Friday!!!

4 days after my original post and I’m still waiting….But we’re all very used to that by now. 

Black8Mamba23 wrote:

alcor wrote:

After the work experience had been approved, I just activated my membership and now I am a charterholder. :)

Congrats!! 

Thanks!!!

VWJETTY wrote:

Just submitted it today. Local society is the Washington DC one. Guess it’ll probably take forever. 

Any updates yet? I havve submitted mine on Thursday. I am still on Work experience Review with CFAI.

Band is 10 is ridiculously SUCKS ( No More- I am DONE)

Submitted 1 week ago and still waiting enjoying (post-CFA) life

Chendo wrote:

Submitted 1 week ago and still waiting enjoying (post-CFA) life

But I still want to update my LinkedIn page with these letters, “CFA”, because these letters have been taunted me for years.

Band is 10 is ridiculously SUCKS ( No More- I am DONE)

Nobody cares about that on LinkedIn.

I do not ask for the trust nor give it to you.

Flashback wrote:

Nobody cares about that on LinkedIn.

I don’t really care what people care about. I just worked for it, I just want it there since I earned as you had earned yours.

Band is 10 is ridiculously SUCKS ( No More- I am DONE)

tibwa wrote:

Flashback wrote:

Nobody cares about that on LinkedIn.

I don’t really care what people care about. I just worked for it, I just want it there since I earned as you had earned yours.

That’s correct attitude.

I do not ask for the trust nor give it to you.

tibwa wrote:

VWJETTY wrote:

Just submitted it today. Local society is the Washington DC one. Guess it’ll probably take forever. 

Any updates yet? I havve submitted mine on Thursday. I am still on Work experience Review with CFAI.

Nope. Nothing yet. I heard the CFAI one comes down pretty quick and the society one can take forever. 

Big Dreams Require Big Sacrifices - VWJETTY

My Society approved in 1 day.

I do not ask for the trust nor give it to you.

I applied late afternoon EST on Monday 3rd, got acceptance email on Sunday 9th September. 

Imagine my shock!  Didn’t expect the good folks at CFAI to be working on a Sunday and thought it was a quick turnaround given this is likely the peak time for applications.

It is possible that I benefited from the fact that I had over ten years relevant experience.

I completed all the document but still waiting for my professional reference to do his part.  God this waiting is painful.

VWJETTY wrote:

tibwa wrote:

VWJETTY wrote:

Just submitted it today. Local society is the Washington DC one. Guess it’ll probably take forever. 

Any updates yet? I havve submitted mine on Thursday. I am still on Work experience Review with CFAI.

Nope. Nothing yet. I heard the CFAI one comes down pretty quick and the society one can take forever. 

Have you gotten your CFAI approval? Mine is still in reviewing mode with CFAI.

Band is 10 is ridiculously SUCKS ( No More- I am DONE)

Same as myself. I’ll imagine it will be in the coming few days. Would be nice to get the letters now though to be totally honest

I guess you all have dodgy work experience references ;) 

.....woof

tibwa wrote:

VWJETTY wrote:

tibwa wrote:

VWJETTY wrote:

Just submitted it today. Local society is the Washington DC one. Guess it’ll probably take forever. 

Any updates yet? I havve submitted mine on Thursday. I am still on Work experience Review with CFAI.

Nope. Nothing yet. I heard the CFAI one comes down pretty quick and the society one can take forever. 

Have you gotten your CFAI approval? Mine is still in reviewing mode with CFAI.

Same here - nothing yet. I think I just barely have the work experience and some of mine is in back-office data-processing so maybe they’re looking into it with a level of scrutiny? 

Big Dreams Require Big Sacrifices - VWJETTY

Applied the 5th, still under review.

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." -Viktor Frankl

Me too :(  Applied on the 5th & still under review

Applied today :D (but anxious on the validity of my work experiences)

these kids are mad hypocrites….they put us under crazy time constraints for the AM portion of the exam but they get the leisure of taking their sweet time with our charters AFTER we passed THEIR exam under THEIR time constraints. Yeah….ok buddy….

Big Dreams Require Big Sacrifices - VWJETTY

VWJETTY wrote:

these kids are mad hypocrites….they put us under crazy time constraints for the AM portion of the exam but they get the leisure of taking their sweet time with our charters AFTER we passed THEIR exam under THEIR time constraints. Yeah….ok buddy….

You are a liability now. Now that you passed, you are no longer a customer laugh.

Band is 10 is ridiculously SUCKS ( No More- I am DONE)

tibwa wrote:

VWJETTY wrote:

these kids are mad hypocrites….they put us under crazy time constraints for the AM portion of the exam but they get the leisure of taking their sweet time with our charters AFTER we passed THEIR exam under THEIR time constraints. Yeah….ok buddy….

You are a liability now. Now that you passed, you are no longer a customer laugh.

still cash cows though for the institute. at least that part hasn’t changed. Status Quo bias :) 

Big Dreams Require Big Sacrifices - VWJETTY

Wtf does the society do that takes so long? Am I just waiting for some random person to click a button?