Sign up  |  Log in

How long does Charter application take?

I submitted last Monday ( 9/10)and CFA Institute is still reviewing work experience. Has anyone else waited that long? It’s not even with the local society yet. My experience is 100% applicable so not sure what is going on and it’s making me really anxious.

A clear and personalized study plan is here! Schweser's upgraded content and redesigned study platform are exactly what you need to pass the Level III exam. Save 10% when you order a Premium Package for a limited time.

uca wrote:

I submitted last Monday ( 9/10)and CFA Institute is still reviewing work experience. Has anyone else waited that long? It’s not even with the local society yet. My experience is 100% applicable so not sure what is going on and it’s making me really anxious.

submitted aug 31, took about 7 business days for CFAI work exp review.  still waiting on Toronto society to approve

FlyingIguana wrote:

uca wrote:

I submitted last Monday ( 9/10)and CFA Institute is still reviewing work experience. Has anyone else waited that long? It’s not even with the local society yet. My experience is 100% applicable so not sure what is going on and it’s making me really anxious.

submitted aug 31, took about 7 business days for CFAI work exp review.  still waiting on Toronto society to approve

Thank you 

Applied on 9/4

CFAI approved work experience 9/10

CFA Society of Philadelphia approved 9/18

Activated and paid dues the same day

Email confirmation and show up with the letters in the directory same day

I applied on Friday, August 31.  Got approved today.   so 18 days total.

It was worth the wait.   I just paid the annual dues, the membership directory updated.

Was excited to update my LinkedIn with CFA after my name.

Good luck to all.

Black8Mamba23 wrote:

All done here too! Emailed the local society and got approval pretty quickly.

Congrats!

Band is 10 is ridiculously SUCKS ( No More- I am DONE)

VWJETTY wrote:

Got it too folks! My society took 3 damn days but it is what it is. Also in the directory! Congrats tibwa!

Congrats!

Band is 10 is ridiculously SUCKS ( No More- I am DONE)

tibwa wrote:

Congrats!

Thank you :) 

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." -Viktor Frankl

Less than 1 day for CFAI approval, and 2 whole weeks for local society.

bazz wrote:

I submitted my application on Sept 8th… still checking couple of times every da. Hoping to get an answer in the next day or 2…

Finally approved!

Submitted on 9/8/2018 (Saturday)

Approved by CFAI on 9/18/2018 (7 business days)

Approved by local society (Charlotte, NC) 9/18/2018

bazz

just got a reply for Toronto society.  said they will review october 1st?  wtf

FlyingIguana wrote:

just got a reply for Toronto society.  said they will review october 1st?  wtf

Lame

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." -Viktor Frankl

Local societies meet once-a-month to go over new membership applications.

#PleaseBePatient

FlyingIguana wrote:

just got a reply for Toronto society.  said they will review october 1st?  wtf

Got a message saying they reviewed my application on September 11th and will likely hear something during the week of October 1st.  Toronto has to be one of the slowest, as I applied on August 28th. 

ya North Carolina just went through a hurricane and they approved people same day.  not sure what they are reviewing here in TO, do they take our fees and go to the strip club once a month to review?

FlyingIguana wrote:

ya North Carolina just went through a hurricane and they approved people same day.  

Thank you Florence?

bazz

FlyingIguana wrote:

ya North Carolina just went through a hurricane and they approved people same day.  not sure what they are reviewing here in TO, do they take our fees and go to the strip club once a month to review?

I need to be a part of that society :) 

Big Dreams Require Big Sacrifices - VWJETTY

tibwa wrote:

VWJETTY wrote:

Got it too folks! My society took 3 damn days but it is what it is. Also in the directory! Congrats tibwa!

Congrats!

Thanks man! I think i’ll still be hanging around these forums. Its kind of addictive LOL 

Big Dreams Require Big Sacrifices - VWJETTY

God it’s painful.  

Submitted on the 12 and still waiting.  Hope I can get everything done by month end as I’ll attend a conference and wish to give my new business card.  They are still in the drawer….

Submitted my application on the 5th and got final approval on Tuesday.  I’m now a Charterholder - what a feeling.  Congrats again to all who passed!

Around about a week

Applied on 11/9

just received the double approval 

did I’d not pay yet (want to check first if employer cannot pay for me :p )

Exam_Taker_Unprepared wrote:

Applied on 11/9

just received the double approval 

did I’d not pay yet (want to check first if employer cannot pay for me :p )

yeah, my employer  said i had to pay first and then they’d reinburst me everyone knows how long that takes….especially for the government (sigh) 

Big Dreams Require Big Sacrifices - VWJETTY

For me, the CFA approved it on the same day.  (Aug 1, 2018).   However, my society took the full 30 days.

The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little "extra"

Finally was able to submit my application tonight because one of my 3 references inexplicably did not complete the reference submission for 20 days so I simply had to get another reference to be my third.  Extremely frustrated with the delay, but perhaps the big rush of applications is over and very few people are submitting theirs now like me, so maybe it’ll be quick from here on out.  Looking to get a new job and use the letters on my resume, so just frustrating that a colleague didn’t treat this professionally/serious enough (and yes, they are fond of me since they previously nominated me for an award at work). 

Submitted on 13th Sept and still under review from CFA institute

Thanks God I’m not alone on this boat.

Submitted on the 12, and still under review.

Submitted 14th and still under review. 

Agree! Don’t know if I would live another 35 months lol.