How long does Charter application take?

Submitted on the 12th and was approved yesterday (23rd) for both Institute and Society.

A clear and personalized study plan is here! Schweser's upgraded content and redesigned study platform are exactly what you need to pass the Level III exam. Save 10% when you order a Premium Package for a limited time.

Just got the approval-24 submitted on 13th

I applied on 9/18. Based on average wait time I think I should not even check status for next 3 weeks :)

sp03673 wrote:

I applied on 9/18. Based on average wait time I think I should not even check status for next 3 weeks :)

its gonna be a wait unfortunately especially if your society is slow. 

Big Dreams Require Big Sacrifices - VWJETTY

I am in New York so for me it is CFA Society of New York. Does anyone know how long it takes for it to review? 

sp03673 wrote:

I am in New York so for me it is CFA Society of New York. Does anyone know how long it takes for it to review? 

I applied 5 days ago and it’s still pending.  I figure maybe another week based on what other people have posted.

VWJETTY wrote:

sp03673 wrote:

You are officially a celebrity because you have the most  popular post since L3 result. AF needs to start paying you  for each commercial showing on this post :-)… 

Band is 10 is ridiculously SUCKS ( No More- I am DONE)

Applied 14th and just approved. Society approved same day. 

Will you get any e-mail notification(s) if the Institute and Society approve your application? Or I need to login every day just to check? 

spectator wrote:

Will you get any e-mail notification(s) if the Institute and Society approve your application? Or I need to login every day just to check? 

On CFAI website, my join date shows as 9/19/2018 04:54:45 AM. However, I received the e-mail confirmation from CFAI on Sep 20th at 10am. So better keep checking online :)

bazz

tibwa wrote:

VWJETTY wrote:

sp03673 wrote:

You are officially a celebrity because you have the most  popular post since L3 result. AF needs to start paying you  for each commercial showing on this post :-)… 

Hahaha I try. I just have nothing to do now since L3 is done and over with so im pretty much glued to the forums while im at work :) 

Big Dreams Require Big Sacrifices - VWJETTY

I submitted on the 10th, got approved by the Institute on the 19th and by the Society on the 26th! Adding those 3 letters after my name felt great!

anyone got approved from CFA singapore yet?

Today is day 13 of mine in purgatory, the 9th business day.  Already had to awkwardly explain during a job interview why my resume only states “Passed all 3 levels” as opposed to CFA.  “Well, one of my references dragged their feet which held up the entire application submission and now my work experience is under review.”  Awesome.

str8up81 wrote:

Today is day 13 of mine in purgatory, the 9th business day.  Already had to awkwardly explain during a job interview why my resume only states “Passed all 3 levels” as opposed to CFA.  “Well, one of my references dragged their feet which held up the entire application submission and now my work experience is under review.”  Awesome.

Coming up on 30 days waiting for me!

blahdeblah wrote:

str8up81 wrote:

30 days for CFAI or for your local society to approve?  Where are you located?  I’m in NYC.  

str8up81 wrote:

blahdeblah wrote:

str8up81 wrote:

30 days for CFAI or for your local society to approve?  Where are you located?  I’m in NYC.  

Total. Located in Toronto.

Toronto said they were Oct 7th?  They meet once a month.  I canceled my app to Toronto and applied to NC.  Hoping for approval soon.

str8up81 wrote:

If you feel you need to “awkwardly” tell an interviewer your charter is pending, then they don’t know  anything about the designation.

there, finally approved by NC.  

tibwa wrote:

str8up81 wrote:

If you feel you need to “awkwardly” tell an interviewer your charter is pending, then they don’t know  anything about the designation.

He didn’t understand the delay because others who report to him were approved 2 weeks ago and he brought it up.  Not a huge deal, but then again not something you want to have to discuss on an interview.

str8up81 wrote:

tibwa wrote:

str8up81 wrote:

He didn’t understand the delay because others who report to him were approved 2 weeks ago and he brought it up.  Not a huge deal, but then again not something you want to have to discuss on an interview.

Just to them you just applied and there is a backlog. If they really want you, just passing will be enough for  them. Not the paper per se. When you get references, make sure these are people  who actually will give a good reference. I asked and they provided CFAI their response within a day. They have their Charter. Another guy at work who also has the charter was actually questioning my experiences.  Not all every references, friends at work want you to actually earn the charter. Pick up your references based on your friendship. Your boss may not necessary your friend.

FlyingIguana wrote:

Toronto said they were Oct 7th?  They meet once a month.  I canceled my app to Toronto and applied to NC.  Hoping for approval soon.

Toronto meets Oct 3rd. One of the slowest to approve. 

Submitted on 25/9 and still waiting…. 

Submitted on Sep 21. CFAI just approved it today. Anybody know how long Calgary Society takes to process?

Pwalls wrote:

Submitted on Sep 21. CFAI just approved it today. Anybody know how long Calgary Society takes to process?

Aaaaand now I’m starting to worry.  Mine was submitted September 20th and is still pending, yours is submitted the following day and is cleared.

str8up81 wrote:

sp03673 wrote:

I applied 5 days ago and it’s still pending.  I figure maybe another week based on what other people have posted.

The wait is over. Finally CFAI approved my application yesterday. Society approved same day after that. Paid the dues and got confirmation email from institute. sigh…….

Still in ‘work experience review’ status even though they approved my 60+ months. Should it not move to ‘under review- society’ once they approve your experience?

Just approved, seemingly concurrently by CFAI and my local society.  It’s a big relief, I can’t wait to get the physical charter.  Submitted on September 20th, took 13 days in total.

What society are you with? I contacted mine and they told me it normally takes them 1-2 weeks after CFAI approves the work experience.