Registered and set to go.. plan to go with IFT this time

Passed Level 2 by solely studying. Read 3 times front to back all chapters in the Scheweser, multiple times solving EOC and CFAI questions/mocks. Overall score was all above the passing grade except Quant. So I’m really glad Quant is out of the picture in Level 3.

Like all people, I also have a full time job and working as an expat abroad, I couldn’t dedicate myself to studying every day. And since the format of AM section can be tough, I am planning to go with a prep provider. Lurking around this forum and after reading all the recommendations, I decided to go with IFT this time. Major decision point was economical view but also many recommendations from charter holders. Not to mention Marc, Levelup and last but not least S2000magician.

Anyway hope everyone the best of luck for the upcoming 2019!

IFT is a great prep provider, but in my opinion they are a great supplementary source. I recommend using the CFAI curriculum directly for the Behavioural Finance and Individual Wealth sections (i.e. the bulk of the AM sections) and then your preferred prep provider for notes. I used Schweser, as I did for Level 1 and 2.

I used IFT in Level 3 as a question bank resource, they have great completion papers and a huge range of essay and multiple choice questions across all the topics. I am also told their crash course is fantastic. As a main source of learning material however, I would stick with something closer to the source curriculum.