CFAI Textbooks

Did anyone use the CFAI textbooks?

Yes, the textbooks are a great resource for EOC questions and bluebox material. Additionally, for the topics of Ethics, Behavioural Finance and Individual Wealth Management (and all that it encompasses) I recommend reading directly from the CFAI cirriculum. All else, Schweser or your preferred provider!

You definitely need to use CFAI books for level 3 as you need the level of details to be able to construct a response in the AM section.

My level 1 books are brand new, level 2 books are somewhat new (I used then for EOC questions only) but my level 3 books were another story. U’ll have to know the material that’s in there to pass (comfortably). I’m not saying that Schweser will not let u pass, it might. But if u’re gonna sit and study, u might as well do it the right way to avoid sitting again next year.

Blue boxes are very helpful but also the white text examples (the ones they give in the middle of explaining a sub topic) are helpful and a lot of people neglect those.

All the best!

I didn’t read them initially, but you’ll have to open them and read them eventually. I started with Schweser but at mblh123 said, if you want to feel like you’re answering questions correctly in the AM section, you’ll be required to read through them to expand your knowledge.

You can opt to read Schweser, but you’ll still need to do all the EOCs and BBPs in the curriculum. I also found myself going back to read certain sections in the curriculum when reviewing my mock exams.

+1. Schweser is ok. But def use CFA books for questions

I will use solely CFAI books.

I used CFAI books as the first brush, and then notes to pick up the key points.