Advice for a "Band 10" retaker?

Did not pass in 2018. I was just a hair below the minimum passing score. Looking at the results provided it seems like I bombed one or more individual/institutional item sets. (Essay scores were between 50-70%).

I was wondering what retakers in 2018 did to put themselves over the line the second time around?

Cheers,

HB

Best advice in my opinion is to start fresh, and start from scratch…and completely put it out of mind that you likely were within a question or 2 of passing. I found it very dangerous to go into the second round thinking ‘I already studied this stuff once so I can take it easier this time around’. That’s the recipe for failing twice.

Refocus and do it twice as hard, treat it like you’ve never studied it before. Learn everything again. Put in more hours than before, more mocks etc and you will nail it.

Don’t be fooled by the fact that you almost passed, band 1 and band 10 are all the same.

Topper- you finally did it!!!

Topper Harley : You’re joking. Ramada Rodham Hayman : I’m not. Topper Harley : You’ve got to be. Ramada Rodham Hayman : If I was joking I would say: A horse walks into a bar. The bartender says, ‘Why the long face?’

#PartDeux

Yes sir I did! I knew you’d be proud of me! Took a year off in '17 to regroup and nailed it in 2018. What a relief.

As always, love the Hot Shot lines: “Look I’m not saying I don’t trust you and I’m not saying I do…but I don’t” -Topper Part Deux

#bestmovieever