Mark Meldrum for Level 3

I had used Mark Meldrum for L2, and suffice to say, extremely satisfied with his product. However, for Level 3, I have noticed lots of posts on here about LevelUp, Wiley and Kaplan Schweser, but relatively fewer posts on Meldrum’s material for L3. Kindly share your experience if you had subscribed to MM for L3.

I know that his practice exams are going to be awesome!

:wink:

@Doubleinfiniti Signed up for MM for LVL3. Relied on his material heavily on LVL1 and LVL2 too.

So far (Finished book 4 and 1/2 done with book 5), I have been happy with his videos. At least in my case, he is able to explain the concepts really well. However, it does take his time explaining so I recommend watching the videos with a 1.2-1,5x playback speed.

I don’t mind his lengthy videos, and sometimes his rambling on certain topics during his videos are actually a form of a nice relaxed break during the heavy lifting that goes in the videos.

I am counting on it, especially the AM session

2nd both of these ^ I also signed up for one of his private AM grading sessions and am looking forward to getting reliable feedback prior to the exam (extra $, but everyone who did these last year passed).

I am 3 for 3 with Schweser + Meldrum and felt arguably most prepared this time. I really just did his general videos rather than notes or practice tests but my sense is he has this down to a science.

To follow up, I heard a lot of the “level 3 is different, you can’t just use Schweser” warnings but personally found them overblown. Everyone is different, I realize, but the Schweser + ‘Meldrum combo prepared me well.

Prof. Mark Meldrum is very excellent in explaining difficult concepts. The video maybe a bit lengthy but it lays a vey good foundation for understanding material. One more point, the grading session by S2000 is very valuable and it is included in Mark Meldrum full package.

I used Mark Meldrum’s videos for L3 and was very much satisfied. I did not use his videos for Ethics and GIPS though, but rest of the readings I watched his videos at least once. He has spent sufficient amount of time on each video and he actually walks us through the CFA books. Nathan Ronan (formerly lead instructor at NYSSA, now founder of Chalk and Board) used Schweser’s notes and not books. For L3 I wanted to stress on the CFAI books so MM’s videos helped me that way.