Lets Start Studies

Hey guys,

I got my Level 3 curriculum today. I am a slow learner and take a lot of breaks, so thinking its good to start early.

I cleared Level 2 in 2015, its quite some time. To be truthful, looking at these books again today is making me scared. But I am sure its going to be ok. If something wont challenge you it wont change you and I would like to change for better :slight_smile:

Who else is planning to start early? I am thinking to start with FI and Equity as they seem less frightful and more familiar lol

Are you guys familiar with any study groups on whatsapp, facebook or somewhere else. I would love to be part of that. I am from California. If someone writing it in this part of the world let me know.

Wish you all the best of luck!! Lets start it.

Good luck have fun :slight_smile:

Good luck…let’s get it. I prob won’t sign up until after thanksgiving

I plan to start early. I don’t know of any online groups but perhaps we can form a group here or just have some people to bounce ideas around and keep each other motivated and on schedule. Please contact me on LinkedIn under Jill Weiner.

I started right after Labor Day weekend last year as a retaker and didn’t stop until exam day was over. Give it all you got!

1st time LVL3 taker here and started on 27/08/2019. Hopefully going for one-and-done but you’ll never know with these kinds of exams.

Hardest week of studying is always the first week. That’s not to say you’re going to be studying the hardest the first week, but it is the hardest to get into the grove. After that first week it’ll flow. I think that starting around Thanksgiving is a good move. Just be careful not to start so early that you burn out - but if you take lots of breaks anyway - go for it.

I started around TG last year, did some decent studying until xmas and then was skiing until after the new year.

I still haven’t gotten my study materials but looking over old stuff from when I failed the Level III the first and only time I took it. I am not familiar with any study groups, but if anyone is interested in having someone to bounce ideas/questions on, I can be contacted at https://www.linkedin.com/in/jillweiner/. Did anyone hear of chalkandboard?

Good luck, it’s a lot of material!

ChalkandBoard is Nathan Ronen, who has an excellent reputation as an instructor.

I failed l3 last time and I think early start is key. If there is a group, I will like to be added. Thanks

Starting early works best if you are busy and can only study in short intervals. I think that’s most people. You have to do more review because you will forget things you covered several months ago, but that is manageable. I suggest starting with the curriculum as is, and not to jump around. If you made it this far, you already have a decent grasp of the material. Just my 2 cents.

eh, I have zero motivation right now. I walked to the library over the weekend, and I read 15 pages before I was playing breath of the wild.

Yeah, let’s start this

:grin:

I’m reading solely from the CFAI books for this level. For L2 in 2016 used a mixed kaplan and CFAI books. Not this time tho.

I’m in.

I started studying last sunday and all i could read in 2 hours was just 3 paragraphs. Each time i would finish a sentence my mind would wonder around the globe.

Hate to break it to you, but you are already late.

@snrulz +1

Hi, I’m forming a whatsapp group for a few people, so that we can keep it active and it serves the intended purpose. If interested, pm me your number.