CFAI Texbooks

How many folks have ordered a hard copy of the textbook? I’m finding it very hard to study with an ebook.

I have. But, I obviously flipped it on the black market for double what I bought it from CFAI for.

#everydayI’mhustlin

#YoDawg

What about everyone else?

Yes, I always order hard copies. Much easier for me. It’s gotten to the point where I carry them everywhere and have to scotch tape the front and back covers so that they dont rip. Kind of like the old school days when you put paper grocery bags on your school books as the book cover.

35 years old and still making book covers…

I ordered hard copies because at this level I think the official curriculum is definitely key. Like you ebook just doesn’t cut it.

I plan on ordering as well. This will be the first time that I go hard copy. I found the ebooks to be a pain at previous levels when trying to work on EOCs and having to scroll through to check answers.

I got the hard copy because I find them easier to read than electronic format. Electronic is also useful due to the search function when you are looking for something specific. I don’t really like VitalSource, it doesn’t format properly on my computer screen, won’t save format changes, and they make printing difficult. The downside with the books is that they are heavy to lug around. Whichever format you choose, you cannot escape the reality that big chunks of the level 3 curriculum is written in a very repetitive fashion. Especially the behavioral finance sections.

I did get a hard copy. Personally i feel its more easier to read and make notes/highlights with the hard copy than an e-copy, even though you can do all the ones in an e-copy too.

Go for hard copy… its level 3…make sure you dont regret on result day.

electronic format - You skip key points/ words which you never would want to.

Its easier to read from book. simple logic, everyone has News App today on mobile, still we buy newspaper every day.

Paper reading will be forever. so go for it…

Never used hard copies. Bringing entire curriculum on my tablet and using a search function for each term is precious. I passed all at once attempt. Just mine $ 0.02.

I ordered the hard copies. I like to have the physical book when I read/study. I can’t imagine the e-book…Now if I could just get myself to open the book, haha.

when i studied i ordered the hard copy. sure it’s bulky but it makes reading and finding things much easier not to mention writing and taking notes inside the book for better references.