Specific queries related to IFT and Mark Meldrum after googling for some time

Hi everyone! I have googled for some time but couldn’t get the answer that I am looking for related to IFT and Mark Meldrum (MM):

1. Do MM packages offer similar “pass protection” like IFT? Meaning there won’t be any additional charge if I retake the following year.
  2. How can MM package guide me better in term of AM exam given it is essay based which is different from level 1 and 2? Will there be essay practices which MM will walk us through? I supposed the “Exam Walkthroughs” feature is the answer I am looking for but I am unsure what it entails. IFT seems to be very good in this area.
  3. Could clients email Mark Meldrum directly if faced with some challenges to understand a particular concept?
  4. What is a “Weekly Applied CFA Videos”?
  5. Does IFT drill more on memorizing more than understanding? It seems MM is big on understanding which is what I am looking for.
  6. What is the total hour of video for both IFT and MM?

Appreciate anyone who could answer my queries. It’s tougher to choose a provider at level 3 somehow. Been using Wiley for Level 2 but it seems like Wiley is weak in prepping candidates for the essay bit.

Thank you in advance!

Why not simply e-mail Mark and ask him?

Hi I did! Copying Dr. Mark’s reply for the brnefit of those who may have similar queries:

• Do I have to repay for the whole package if I fail level 3 next year – essentially, I am looking at an ‘insurance’ here although I am definitely not aiming for a fail. Typically we give a 50% credit for fees paid in one year towards the next year.
  • How do the products guide me better in term of AM exam given it is essay based which is different from level 1 and 2? Will there be essay practices which you will walk us through? I supposed the “Exam Walkthroughs” feature is the answer I am looking for but could you elaborate further based on my queries? We have past AM exam walkthroughs, plus there is a whole seminar on AM exam strategies, along with a complete 8 hour seminar on Book 2 AM exam strategies.
  • Could I email you questions if I have difficulty with a particular concept? Questions can be asked in the comment boxes below each video.
  • What is a “Weekly Applied CFA Videos”? Exactly as the title implies - it is concepts from all three Levels of the CFA content applied in the real world.

Some quick queries related more to IFT which I have raised earlier:

1. Does IFT drill more on memorizing more than understanding? It seems MM is big on understanding which is what I am looking for.
  2. What is the total hour of video for both IFT and MM?

My completely unbiased review of IFT (UK resident, not paid for that review. Just wrote it as a thank you to the guy who helped me easily get over the line in the end) Arif knows his sh*t, period.

https://www.analystforum.com/forums/cfa-forums/cfa-level-iii-forum/91367561