Study Plan

Hello,

When did you start studying ? And what is your study plan ?

I started on Monday 8th of October.

My plan is to finish my first reading by the end of the year; doing schweser notes + videos + eoc + blue boxes + some practice .

For the second reading, my plan is to finish by the end of March; doing everything from first reading + schweser live online classes and more practice.

As for the last 2 months it will be 100% practice and mocks.

I don’t think you need to do 2 full readings. Doing that, plus all the questions as you go will be lots and lots of work, and sounds like a recipe for burnout before the exam. Also I’d advocate for more than 2 months of practise, reason being is you should for sure do at least 7 years past AM exams; that is a study session in itself.

What I did was, read the material once, and do the questions. I noted what topics were my weakest and my second pass consisted of just reviewing the topics I found “easy” on the first pass, and completely re-doing my harder topics. I did about 2.5-3 months of AM exams as well as all blue boxes again during that time.

IMO the order of importance for practise q’s should be: AM exams > Blue Boxes > White text problems > EOCs > Any third party questions.

Do you mean you plan to have your first book done by the end of the year or first reading?

I started 12 of September. Will try to have all books done by January 31st. For the rest of the time it will be review, mocks, review, mocks, re-do EOCs, review, mocks etc etc.

I know that my strategy is a overkill. But I have to pass next June so I rather go over-prepared than under-prepared. After all, it’s the last hurray and then I’m done forever. Unless I go for FRM next :sunglasses:

Wow, you people started very early. I will start in mid-November and I find that to be more than enough as I studied six months for both levels.

For L1 and L2, I went through schweser books at least twice (max three times), made notes, made remarks what topics were harder and where I need to pay extra attention. After that, all I did was drill the problems. For L1 and L2 I did 45 consecutive days of doing problems and voila, I managed to pass by a wide margin on L1 and ok margin on L2 (december/june track).

Used same study plan for level I and II (except for the videos and online class which i didnt use) and it worked for me.

Hopefully it will one more time

Will be done reading all the schweser notes by the end of the year

My plan is to finish 2 books - Books 2 and 3 before the end of the year. So when January comes around I am already in study mode and have some good progress complete. I am working full-time and still enjoying life until the end of the year. Studying mainly on Saturday and Sundays and keeping my gym schedule (for now).

@ Stageright

Hi , did you use both the videos and bootcamp from Level Up ? If so , do you think its worth purchasing the videos if i am unable to attend the bootcamp?

I also started mid-September, hoping to be done with curriculum by end of year, leaving plenty of time for practice & review (even with a couple breaks thrown in to fend off burn-out). I’m on track for the infamous 3 in 18, so I’m sticking to the motto “better an hour late than a min early” on this one. Let’s get it done.