L3 Morning "Essay" Exam: Advice for Retakers

I just got off the phone with a retaking L3 candidate. He thinks that answering 80% of the morning session was okay. No! You can easily complete all of the morning portion of the exam, and that should be your goal. Most candidates fail the exam because they write way too much. Any thoughts from L3 retakers? Thank you. Daren

Agreed that you should be able to complete the entire morning exam. I’m a fairly fast test taker so I finished with 45 mins left. That being said, no amount of writing will get you points if you dont know the material. He should work on practicing the types of questions more since like you said, most do not require a lot of writing to answer sufficiently.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again.

#OnlyBulletPoints

For every question, write something that at least has some bearing. If there’s nothing on the page, then nothing you will get as a grade.

My best friend completed the L3 exam in 90 minutes using bullet points. Back then in 2012, you could leave the exam early. Now, candidates have to wait until the end of the exam to leave.

I presume that he or she passed.