Sign up  |  Log in

What's the progress in studies so far?

Please post your progress and the strategy that you are going to follow in next 5 months. 

Available Live or Online, our classes are taught by CFA® charterholders that have a history of helping candidates pass. Take your studies seriously with a live class from Schweser.

Bad. I’m like 400 pages below budget.

My strategy is to have 100 days of review / practice / mocks.

Las almas de todos los hombres son inmortales, pero las almas de los justos son inmortales y divinas.
Sócrates

Panning to finish by mid March , behind as well , but if i need a couple of extra weeks it should be ok .

YES WE CAN.

Guys–has the actual L3 exam from 2018 been posted to the CFAI site yet?

Im way ahead of schedule. Ive gone through books 2,3,4 and 5. Ethics and GIPS i’m leaving for spring. 

If you're the first out the door, that's not called panicking

finished book 4, almost done with book 5 (on risk management now). will finish that up this week and start with behavioral on sunday, which i am not looking forward to at all

Not yet.  I checked this morning. 

I’m behind schedule and I don’t even have to take the exam.

Simplify the complicated side; don't complify the simplicated side.

Financial Exam Help 123: The place to get help for the CFA® exams
http://financialexamhelp123.com/

S2000magician wrote:

I’m behind schedule and I don’t even have to take the exam.

Build those bombs dude - putin needs an ass kicking.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It be like that sometimes.

CEO10K-DAY wrote:
S2000magician wrote:
I’m behind schedule and I don’t even have to take the exam.

Build those bombs dude - putin needs an ass kicking.

Well … first, they’re not bombs; they’re warheads.  Second, I didn’t build them; I designed them.  (I did work in the machine shop on occasion making prototype parts, but that’s not really building the finished product.)

Simplify the complicated side; don't complify the simplicated side.

Financial Exam Help 123: The place to get help for the CFA® exams
http://financialexamhelp123.com/

Codtrawler87 wrote:

Im way ahead of schedule. Ive gone through books 2,3,4 and 5. Ethics and GIPS i’m leaving for spring. 

Thank you…

Las almas de todos los hombres son inmortales, pero las almas de los justos son inmortales y divinas.
Sócrates

Just starting book 2. Will finish it not later than January 8.

Think wise and act!

On track on finishing the curriculum (less ethics) + EOCs by mid-feb. 

Then, it will be just review, review, review (re-do BBs, EOCs, MM quizzes and CFAI questions) and as many mocks as possible.  

It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.

It always amazes me how early people here start studying, let alone finishing up the entire reading material early in the game. However, unlike most people here I tend to read each book at least 2 times while those that are harder for me I read 3 times.

Right now I got 40 hours of studying and I have gone through book 2 of Schweser and am 60% into book 3. Pretty sure I am not behind and I base this on two facts:

1) I am doing the 18 months track. For L1 and L2, I started doing first EOCs about 1.5months before the exam. Did L1 in almost 90th percentile while L2 was about 30% of room above passing grade score and 90th percentile.

2) Right now I am ahead of L2 in the terms of hours put in (by about 40 hours), I am not tired from L1 and there is quite amount of overlap with L1 and L2, except the exam will be more integrated. Also, in terms of pages L3 is smaller than L2, meaning I will have more time for problems and chapter integration.

I wrote this post mostly for myself because every time I read posts here I get a little nervous because it feels like I am way behind.

Reading 33 was fun. I was able to finish by the time my mom finished making breakfast. 

Holiday studies = check

now we getting lit at brunch boyos 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It be like that sometimes.

CEO10K-DAY wrote:

Reading 33 was fun. I was able to finish by the time my mom finished making breakfast. 

Holiday studies = check

now we getting lit at brunch boyos 

Does your mom do your laundry too?

It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.

TrackSuitInvestor wrote:

Does your mom do your laundry too?

Why you have to be mad?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It be like that sometimes.

I sat on the couch while my mom made me breakfast this morning so now here 
I am at 1am Christmas day making sure I get the readings done that I need to.

I bathe in Lake Superior Returns

Behind schedule on eating good “jamón ibérico” on Christmas while enjoying Spain. Chilling and praising God for not having to take the exam again.

All of you who have started before NY date have significant chances to pass in my opinion. No one is behind the schedule. Good luck girls and boyz!

play it again, Sam

I’ll disagree with Flashback on this. Everyone approaches the exam differently, but the fear of burnout is real and can not be understated. I started my L3 studies on Feb 1 and was beyond exhaustion / lacking motivation at the end. Plan to leave the last 60 days for mocks (always do them under timed conditions), TT questions, and final touch-up / review. Tread carefully (and carry a big calculator).

barracuda wrote:

I’ll disagree with Flashback on this. Everyone approaches the exam differently, but the fear of burnout is real and can not be understated. I started my L3 studies on Feb 1 and was beyond exhaustion / lacking motivation at the end. Plan to leave the last 60 days for mocks (always do them under timed conditions), TT questions, and final touch-up / review. Tread carefully (and carry a big calculator).

different strokes for different folks. I tend to agree with you though. Anything we read and do right now is basically just a bonus. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It be like that sometimes.

barracuda wrote:
I’ll disagree with Flashback on this. Everyone approaches the exam differently, but the fear of burnout is real and can not be underoverstated.

There … that makes more sense.

Simplify the complicated side; don't complify the simplicated side.

Financial Exam Help 123: The place to get help for the CFA® exams
http://financialexamhelp123.com/

Haha suckers! (But seriously do start soon and good luck!)

bbear wrote:

Haha suckers! (But seriously do start soon and good luck!)

We can officially start tomorrow. The only task at hand is getting lit tonight and partying. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It be like that sometimes.

CEO10K-DAY wrote:

bbear wrote:

Haha suckers! (But seriously do start soon and good luck!)

We can officially start tomorrow. The only task at hand is getting lit tonight and partying. 

If you can start studying for CFA the day after nye, you went to the wrong party

If you're the first out the door, that's not called panicking

Codtrawler87 wrote:

CEO10K-DAY wrote:

bbear wrote:

Haha suckers! (But seriously do start soon and good luck!)

We can officially start tomorrow. The only task at hand is getting lit tonight and partying. 

If you can start studying for CFA the day after nye, you went to the wrong party

Momma ain’t raise no b!tch

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It be like that sometimes.

Happy new year to everyone. Hope its going to be a great year for us all. Have not started studying for L3 yet. looking at the next 1-2 weeks to begin.

CAIA Charterholder

I plan to start this Saturday, January 5th. I started the Saturday after NY last year for level two, studied 15 hours a week, (with one week off for spring break) and finished the materials at the end of April, which provided ample time for mocks and review. Likely peaked two weeks early, which is perfect since the test date is one week earlier this year. Basically tried to stay 3 weeks ahead of the Kaplan online classes and used those as a refresher.

Burn-out is real IMHO

I have just started for Level 3 on January 2 2019. Is it really too late?

Please give your comment and any suggestion.

There are a lot of people who don’t start studying until this point, so no it isn’t too late.