How to start studying after a 6 year hiatus?

Hello, just looking for some solid advice on what to do please. I passed level 2 in 2012 but haven’t taken L3 because I’ve been working in a non-finance industry that doesn’t know what the CFA is. Recently I’ve been informed that our private company will likely get bought out in six months and my job may be consolidated or substantial salary reduction. So I’m planning my next career move and want to finish up the CFA.

I’ve started studying for the CFA Level 3 but I’m wondering if Im too late for 6/2019 and instead should focus on 2020. I don’t really want to give up, so I do want to take it in June, but I have to be realistic.

What is the best method for studying level 3 starting right now? My plan is to sign up with IFT premium because I can still use the course material if I’m not successful on the exam this year (pass protection). But any advice would be appreciated on the best way to approach this task and the significant ramp up of studying time that will be required. Thank You!

The best way to start studying after a 6-year hiatus is to open a book and start reading it.

You have lotsa time to study. :+1: Sorry to hear about change in ownership. :broken_heart: :-1:

You have plenty of time: I started for the 6/2018 exam at the end of 12/2017. I don’t think the hiatus will greatly impact your ability to succeed, just plan your studies starting from day 1 through exam day and hold yourself accountable to it.

Best of luck!

You have plenty of time. I suggest starting with shorter periods of reading, like 30 min, and slowly moving up. Get the Schweser videos, they will help, but not substitute for other study.