Mark Meldrum mock exams

Anyone know when they’re expected to be released?

Last week I was told that this week.

ok great. Hopefully that’s the case. Do you know how many there are?

No idea. :frowning_face:

Four.

And they’re all awesome.

Oh yeah, there’s a great idea. Go buy the mock exam written by a guy who doesn’t even have the charter.

Um . . . they’re written by a guy who has has his charter since 1999.

I know.

I’m the guy.

I don’t understand your point. Is having the charter a prerequisite to write an exam? So the fact that he has a PhD and knows the material like the back of his hand doesn’t qualify him to write an exam just because he doesn’t have the charter? Anyhow, no need to worry about all that as it’s S2000Magicien who wrote them.

Absolutely it’s a requirement. Not listening to someone about how to pass the cfa exams who himself hasn’t passed the CFA exams is exactly what I call a good idea.

as for the actual construction of the mock exam: it’s a shame I can’t just buy them directly from Bill himself. Instead I gotta pay the middle man.

but that’s the motto in finance I guess… “screw them before they screw you”.

Mark isn’t a charterholder? i didnt know that…

However, magi is the guy that wrote the questions, not mark.

Sometimes, the best coaches arent the best players… sometimes the best players cant coach.

I wonder if Mark could be a good player. He should take the exam… why the hell not?

If memory serve, Peter Olinto doesn’t have his charter.

By the way: he’s a awesome instructor.

I remember my CPA days with Peter Olinto, much simpler and happier.

Well, I did listen to every single advice of this someone who didn’t pass the CFA and I passed level I and II on my first attempts.

However, you have the right to express your opinion.

The CFA exam is a proxy to show someone’s ability/willingness to study a curriculum. It’s not a telltale sign of intelligence at all, whereas a sports competition (like football) is a sign of someones physical ability to perform routes, or play defense. And obviously, as someone ages, you biologically become less able to do those tasks, so you become a coach (be it a good or bad coach). But taking a test is different, because taking a test requires basically little to no physical effort. Which means, if your hombre Mark is legitimately “SO GOOD” at what he does, then the only thing stopping him from taking the exams is himself - which signals laziness, and for me personally, disqualifies him from ever getting my money. Don’t want to sound arrogant, but for me it’s that easy. If you’re truly so good at teaching the CFA curriculum, and you only get better at it over time, then why you haven’t actually done it yourself makes no sense to me.

Y’all really don’t find it weird?

And that is Fantastic and all the better for you.

You’re talking about having the charter/passing the exams like it’s some gold standard and an apex of academic and professional achievement, and not just a badge that proves that you know the basics of finance.

But anyway, given his success and demand, there’s quite a few candidates who see no problem in buying his stuff, even though he hasn’t sat for the exams.

Yeah, and we all know from the behavioral finance readings how rational the average non-homo-economicus is.

But I’ll quit stirring the pot. You do you, and still I hope you pass.

1. The mock is written by the CFA charterholder.

2.I think there can be many reasons for him not to sit for the exam, not only just laziness.

3.I have taken his course for two levels and comfortably passed them.

4.Being a charterholder doesn’t necessary mean one is capable of teaching the curriculum.

But seems in the end there’s no option to buy the mocks outside of a full subscription package.

I’m disappointed, because I understood there would be such option.

Because the CFA Candidate prep market is roughly $80 mill in size? Aka… #cashgrab… I hope you at least realize they don’t G.A.F if you fail or pass right? Except for Bill, he’s most likely a chill dude.

seriously though, you guys have to be joking right? I’m not saying your boy Mark ain’t the man, I’m sure he’s a great dude. But, if I ever found myself in his classes I wouldn’t be able to get passed the fact that he doesn’t have the charter. No matter how good what he teaches is I wouldn’t be able to get passed it. It’s like not dumping a gf after she cheats on you, or eating at a Mexican restaurant when you learn the chef is white… It’s gonna be a no from me dog.