FinQuiz 2019

Anyone use them this year? Has their mocks gotten any better… Older feedback all said mocks were not good because it was filled with obscure details that arent tested, and ambiguous questions.

I got an email about a flash sale, was close to pulling the trigger.

Just bought their practice pack yesterday and got a 60% discount. They have over 3700 questions in a qbank with I think 110 item sets. 5 full am style essay exams 3 hour time limit, and 6 full mocks. Really can’t go wrong so I went for it. Didn’t try the mocks yet but the qbank seems to be decent I don’t think the questions are too obscure or things I’ve never seen before but can’t really speak for the mocks yet.

Alrite thanks! I just pulled the trigger. I will test them out tomorrow :slight_smile:

I’ve taken their lifetime access. I find the summaries great, the study notes are good as well. Somehow not comfortable with their mock exams!

To be honest, I still do not really understand all the complaints about finquiz. As a retaker from last year, I’ve had a brief look at their questions and they look fair enough. Their notes are helpful in saving time. Well, maybe my experience has been skewed by the fact that the first ever real CFA question that I ever had when I opened the official exam book (in level 1) was exactly like a finquiz question (as in 100% similar to a finquiz mock question). That boosted my confidence.

Any feedback on essay exams of Finquiz -especially FI/Equity section which has changed in past few yrs and hence less CFA old papers to refer for practice.

I finally got a chance to do the MCQ of finquiz… It is harder for sure. Some things to note:

1.) Most other mock exam questions ask for X or Y. For example, calculate the # of contracts to do xyz… But many Finquiz questions ask more complicated things which require few extra steps all in a single question. Those few extra steps give room for error and mistakes. I think this type of question might be seen in the essay portion but broken down into part A, part B and part C.

2.) Lots of questions list out long statements and says which is True, Only Statement 1, Only Statement 2, or Both. Unfortunately, they throw in a long winded statetement, partly taken from the CFAI text, and then switch one word. For example, instead of using the word “clients”, they’ll switch it to “prospective clients”. You get lost in the long paragraph and it sounds right, but the word they switch makes it wrong. So these type of questions are not really a good representative of the test.

3.) Some of the style of the questions are not CFAI type styles and you would prefer to get questions that written in similar style as the exam.

4.) There were some typos and the answer key wrote the question # incorrectly and shifted each answer by one question. (The answer for #38 was actually the answer for #37…) That was a little frustrating to fix but only realized that when I got like 10 questions in a row incorrect.

Overall, I’d say the 6 mocks are worth the $90 bucks spent since I need more material. I definitely learned a few things by doing this single mock so far but this definitely wouldnt be my go-to as exam date approaches.

Will do their AM essay next week. Will let you know.

Sounds like schweser qbank from L1!