V3 R20 S3.3 "Increasing Allocations to Fixed Income in Corporate Pension Plans"

[removed my moderator]

The above passage talks about comparing a publicly traded company’s decision to allocate 100% of pension assets to the FI category to an individual’s decision on asset location based on tax status. However, I’m failing to see the parallel. I understand that an individual has a choice on up to 3 accounts (TA / TDA /TEA)  into which to divy up his asset classes. But how does a publicly traded corp have the same two options? What is the parallel to a “taxable” account in which a publicly traded company would hold tax advantaged securities for the benefit of its stakeholders? 

With exam day right around the corner, Schweser's Final Review products are designed to help you finish out your study plan and walk into the testing center feeling prepared and confident.

It is saying (in a long winded way), the pension can be viewed & invested as 100% fixed income because it is a  TDA. The individual can then allocate equities to their TA.

You got it right already:

>>> I understand that an individual has a choice on up to 3 accounts (TA / TDA /TEA)  into which to divy up his asset classes.