Not started yet- should I try or give up this exam

Due to health reasons and some other commitments I couldn’t start my studies for Level 3 June exam. I can take 2 weeks off before exam and can study everyday for 2.5-3 hours. I am really skeptical should I give exam or should give up this attempt and relax and not waste my 2 weeks of leave which I can use to give quality time to my family and job.

I humbly request experts to guide. Also I am confused in which in order should I study or which prep providers material should I use ?

Please help. Thanks.

Go on a world tour and enjoy your life in those two weeks!

I’m not sure if you’re serious or if this is a joke. If you’re serious I have anxiety even thinking about it.

There is a mountain of material to get through. You’d be hard pressed to have a fighting chance at this point. I started L3 on Jan 2nd and I still haven’t looked at trading/GIPS. I study every morning before work for an hour and usually 2 hours after work. On top of 6-7 hours each Saturday and Sunday. Usually take Friday night off to drink wine and spend time with the lady - just to make sure she’s still around when I finish this thing.

Unless you have superhuman abilities I honestly wouldn’t bother at this point. Enjoy those 2 weeks off :slight_smile:

punt it to next year .

if you have already paid for it… then I might sit but just to get a better understanding of what the test is like. but definitely do not sacrifice your vacation.

Agree with Slim Charles (which I hope is an homage to The Wire, the best show there ever was). If you’ve already paid I would read the Secret Sauce from Schweser or something and definitely sit for it. I found the hardest part about L3 was time management in the AM section. I knew the material very well but let myself spend too much time on a quesiton I was feeling unsure about and I ultimately left a few blank because of it–despite knowing the answers. You can practice pacing yourself etc…

I’m a retaker. So I’ll tell you this. Unless you feel you can master the material in 1 month then take mocks and morning essays in the other month till you drop then go for it. What you should do at this point is open up the 2018 morning exam and see how well you do. If you can actually answer most of the questions go for it. If not dont’ deal with the stress. There’s a mountain of material to cover and the brain can only absorb so much each day.

Retaker as well. Defer to next year. It genuinely takes 6-8 months to go through the material, grasp what the hell is going on (certianly relative to level 1 and level 2), and apply it properly.

Take it next year.

Thanks guys for your reply. Wish you all good luck.

Can you apply to CFA to defer to next year since it’s a health issue?

Just focus on your recovery as your health is definitely more important than this exam. There’s always next year. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Everyone above makes very valid points. The only thing I’d say is that we don’t know your background or how quickly you can master subjects. I’d say give it your best shot - it’s only 7 or 8 weeks. Don’t drive yourself crazy or ruin relationships, but if you can put forth a concerted effort, I think you have an outside chance. Just keep perspective, which it seems like you have. At worst, you’ll have the experience of going through at least part of the material and sitting for the exam. If you don’t pass, you’ll be better prepared next year. Even if it’s a small chance, I’d say take it, because you never know. Grab a prep provider, run through some notes and problems, then hit mock exams a couple weeks before. Best of luck.

You’ve paid for it. So view the June 2019 exam as a very expensive mock for next year’s exam.

Sorry to hear about your health issues - serious about that, I empathize greatly with you.

But, your plan is to begin studying June 1st for a couple hours a day and hope to pass?

I really doubt you could pull this off - but please prove me wrong.

Please take the exam and help us that have studied to increase our chances…the greater good :stuck_out_tongue:

LOL, apparently there is no grading curve - it’s all done by something called the Angoff Method.