Post Exam: What are you dreaming of doing?

1.) I have a 6 day fishing trip down baja for some big tuna… and do a lot of fishing throughout the summer

2.) Planning to play some video games

3.) Planning to catch up on some work

4.) Going to watch lots of Rachel Maddow and Hannity

1 ) re-connect with friends

1. catch up on billions and some movies I’ve missed

2. road trip

3. die of agony waiting for the results.

1. Spend more time with people, especially the ladies 2. Hit the gym more often 3. Read the book by Ray Dalio - Principles for Navigating Big Debt Crises (I have this book in front of me but have no time to spend reading) 4. Forget everything I learned from CFA :blush:
  1. Look for a new job. Enter investment industry. Put my CFA knowledge into practice.

2. FRM.

3. Social.

1. Try to remember what it is I used to do back before I commenced study.

2. Make arrangements to see friends/family who I’ve neglected for months.

3. Potentially have to search for a new place to rent.

4. Weigh up whether to catch up on cinema / TV when it’s Summer and I’ve been a shut-in for 9 months.

5. Start learning something new and unrelated to finance.

6. Check out whether Hinge really is better than other dating apps.

7. Return to indoor bouldering 3x weekly.

1. Spend weekends/holidays just enjoying life without studying

2. Attack 20+ book reading list which has accumulated during the last few years

3. Just chill after work or maybe even be so adventurous that I agree to participate in an after-work debauchery.

4. Start studying for FRM (maybe, final decision will be made in July 2019)

5. Day drink

6. Troll Watercooler (maybe while day drinking)

7. Visit AF LVL 1 forum just to remind myself that it’s over.

8. Tell everyone that I barely studied for the exams…just skimmed over the main parts a week before the exam!

9. Start looking for a new job…despite pushing me to pursue the Charter, paying for all CFA related costs and supporting my studying (for which I’m very grateful for) my company basically told me at my annual meeting that obtaining the Charter will not increase my salary…now or in the future —> cyyyyaaaa it’s highway time!

Losing weight

Eat healthy

Read my books

Read in my job domain

1. Hang out with friends and girlfriend

2. Stop doing everything in an efficient manner and thinking “if I buy food I’ll save 30 minutes which I can use to review section xyz”

3. Travel to the woods in Northern Sweden and hike in Spain

Santiago de Compostela?

Oh, that would be nice! Going to Ordesa National Park, been there :)?

Nope but I’m planning on hiking the compostela within the next few years.

Going to Vienna for a week at the end June, beyond that, just vegetating and loving not having to do a god damn thing.

Spend more time with my 2 yr old son. I missed so much of him growing up while I buried my face in these damn books. I don’t really care that much about passing level 3 as long as I feel I learnt something (i.e. learn to overcome psychological biases)

IDK what I’m going to do after the exam actually. Probably live life a little.

That’s my favorite thing in the world. I recommend slamming 9 margaritas before hand too.

tidy up my house.

do some cosmetic upgrades to the house.

look forward to playing video games, but not really play them (I have a ton of computer games I stocked up with steam sales over the past few years that i never play.

polish up all my leather shoes

if i pass, go buy a huge tv

find a boyfriend haha. I’ve been single for too long. Hope that I will pass the exam so that I can finally enjoy life after more 2 years just studying.

post a pic! Finance gals with CFA letters usually 7+? Or is it a myth?

Yeah, it’s a fact!

Piiiiiiiics pleeeease!

I think the first few months are going to feel weird. I started this thing in the fall of 2016 and have been studying quite a bit. Coming home and hitting the books has become almost like a second nature. So sad. Thank god it’s almost over.

My list:

1. Go out more to do fun stuff after work

2. Start hiking again on the weekends

3. Jagerbombs

4. Deep dive into VBA and macros

5. Read more

6. Start looking for a change of scenery/ new job, most likely

7. Visit AF to remind myself that it’s over.

Two days after the exam my girlfriend (soon to be fiancé) are going to Europe for two weeks. We are visiting Paris, Venice, Florence, and Rome. I cannot wait!