CFA qbank

So, I have been doing Eoc questions, and prior AM exams and doing very well. Tonight however I tried some of the qbank questions and did not do well. They seemed to be in a different format from what I have come to expect from CFAI and there were a lot of “tricky” gotcha questions. It didn’t have the feel of normal exam questions. Does anyone feel this way. Is qbank something I should be spending time on?

At every level I have found the CFA practice questions on candidate resources the hardest of all the questions I had access to. Indeed, harder than exam standard. But that is why I love them. They make you think about things differently and look out for certain ways CFAI ask things/present info. I hit about 75% on them first time through but with too much uncertainty/educated guessing. I’m going back through again now.

I agree. For levels 1 & 2 I did the qbank questions several times over because I think they’re great practice - particularly because they’re more challenging than the actual exam. Some of the questions on there for L3 are borderline ridiculous in the wording. But still, it’s meant to sharpen your skills. I actually find it’s better learning… my WTF moments looking at an incorrect answer sears it into my brain. Combine them with CFAI blue box/EOC’s, previous AM’s and some quality mock’s (suggest Mark Meldrum’s) and you’re off to the races.

It’s unsettling to score low on some questions, but nobody sees your scores and they don’t count :slight_smile: Keep plugging away!

I agree that for L1 and L2, questions on CFA qbank were more challenging than the actual exam. I would not say it’s the same for L3, this is what I can say based on my own experience.