How is everybody doing on the AM papers?

Hey all, just a few more days to endure this pain and hopefully all is over.

I have been crashing the past AM papers from 2011 and just finished up to 2014. Planning to finish up to 2018 by this week Thursday. Anyhow, my strict calculation of the scores are around late 40’s to early 50’s.

But to pass, I should be aiming over 60 points, while my actual scores are not. So feeling super depressed here.

Any tips that you can give me? How are you guys doing on your AM papers?

you should really get someone else to grade your papers for you. I think S2000 offers a grading service but it’s probably booked right now. I know that at least for me, I usually either grade to harshly or not harshly enough and with professionals like S2000, they know what the graders are and aren’t looking for. So your personal grading may be skewed.

i sent papers to S2000, looking forward to getting them back. i think hes really busy though.

Bill if youre reading this, I await my scores w baited breath!

Here’s something I’m wondering. Once we take the test and are no longer registered as candidates, do we have to stop talking about the past AM exams? Do I have to delete them from my computer?

You must ceremoniously bury your computer and past papers in your backyard as tribute to the CFA Gods.

I took the first 4 practice Schweser exams back-to-back and getting 50-55% in the AM on the first try, 60-65% in the PM. I checked them once to grade, and now re-reading them in detail and referencing the book to fill in gaps. Really looking how to formulate answers correctly and concisely.

About to work CFA morning papers 2015-2018, once I finished this second detailed lookover the first 4 Schweser practice exams. Will take 2 Final Mock Schweser exams this weekend (Friday and Saturday) then review Sunday. Will take CFA Mock on the website on Monday. Then hopefully I can fill in the gaps between Monday and Saturday.

I am trying to pass not get a damn 90 on this test. I want to peak at the right time.

Definitely see my weak areas but think I can fill in the gaps. Swaps are killer for me, but I just need to really review in detail which I haven’t gotten to the PM second look over still rereading the AM. Even double checking these AM papers and referencing things take forever!

AM is difficult and dreaded for good reason. However, people have passed scoring only in the 40’s and 50’s in the AM but they tend to do above average in the PM. Remember, it’s the overall score you need to worry about in the end, not just the AM.

Also if you are being strict, then you may not be as bad off as you think you are. I think I have the opposite problem with scoring.

Just keep practicing as you are planning to do, just don’t burn yourself out doing it which I think is easier to do with the AM stuff vs the PM stuff.

Lastly, make sure you’re not overdoing it on the writing itself. They give you plenty of space to write your answer and I think that’s like giving you plenty of rope to hang yourself with. Don’t write two paragraphs when 2 or 3 bullet points will do.

Can you help me finding AM papers from 2011 - 2015? I can only find 3 on CFA website.

Here is the link for past AM exams starting from 2007, including 2011-2015 am exams:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8CYozSqvEvXM0tyZ0xoLWhMeVE

Also, check out the following link to see which questions from past exams are not relevant for studiny as they are not part of the official 2019 curriculum

https://ift.world/sdm_downloads/past-essay-exam-relevancy-document/

Good luck!

thank you so much

thanks for the generous sharing :smiley: