Difficulty of third party mock exams - Konvexity & Mark Meldrum

Hi all,

I’ve just finished 2015-2018 past papers and Konvexity mocks now.

When I attempted the Konvexity, I felt somewhat harder than the actual past papers.

Today, I tried MM #1 and it’s like insane… I remember the mock master 125mph posted that these two mocks are the best of all, but I feel like there is a big gap in the difficulty…

Am I the only one feeling it this way? Are they at about a similar difficulty?

I did all the Mark Meldrum mocks and the most difficult one for me was the 3rd one. I have also done Schweser Practice exams Volume 1 and I think those are more difficult than Mark Meldrum mocks. The past CFAI AM mocks were quite ok. The most difficult of all the mocks I have done so far was the Schweser Live mock exam, that was impossible not only because it was difficult but even for the questions I felt were easy, I just couldn’t solve them in the allotted time.

I have done MM Mocks 1 - 3, plan to dock 4 tomorrow, the Schewswer mocks 1 -4 and the past 4 years of CFAI paper. I think MM in terms of difficulty are reasonable… some questions are more difficult but that is what you want in a mock to reduce the element of surprise on test day.

Yes they are more difficult. I like the Kaplan live mocks too. Every 3rd party is harder than the past papers.

Thanks all, I know it’s good practice but you don’t necessarily want to burn your selfout on something that is highly unlikely to appear in the real exam…

I see some of the calculation requirements that are impossible to manage within the given timeframe…