Your 3 AM WISHES

• Wishing for Life Insurance IPS because I have industry experience in this area , it would be unfair actually

• Wishing for Bank IPS because its never been on an AM exam and I’m betting that its due so I spent more time on Banks then I normally would

-Wishing for any type of derivative question

1- Ridiculously fast/easy 8 pointer like 2016 7B

2- Nothing to do with inter-market carry. Haven’t tried to learn this yet, but I will next week. Maybe it’ll be fine but I haven’t heard great reviews

3- No time pressure

Fingers crossed fer ya!!! :+1:

1. Anything on derivatives, especially option strategies

2. Big fat 8 pointer on implementation shortfall

3. Rebalancing corridors

4. Relative value of gifts vs. inheritance

1. No currencies

2. See #1

3. A neighbor who doesn’t tap on the table/erase every other answer

Absolutely don’t want anything to do with carry trade questions remotely similar to EOC Q’s 23-32 - inter market curve strategies. I think I would cry.

By that logic, GIPS and ethics is going to be in the morning

1. FI questions about yield movements and using Ladder, Bullet or Bond portfolios

2. Equity index replication techniques and style/category classifications

3. Pretty much any big point question on the 2016 AM exam. That mock was so easy!

• a lot of “circle”, not a lot of “justify”

-straightforward calc (bond/equity/risk/performance eval)

-they don’t put 3000 ppl into one hall room with only one bathroom (yeah usually the case here in China)

1. That I don’t have to rush to the bathroom and take a dump my second question in.

Give 1 reason/advantage about a topic.Rather than give 3 reasons for this or that.

derivatives

anything behavioral

Funny you should say that…I’ll leave this here: https://www.reddit.com/r/CFA/comments/by0sog/for_those_that_need_some_humor_baltimore_2016/

I don’t know about wishes, but I had a nightmare I had to do mean-variance optimization in the exam with 20 different corner portfolios, and ran out of time to do anything else.

Don’t they usually give justify the circle. Guess you’re implementing a “wish neutral” strategy.