Essay Test 2016 - Fixed Income

Hi guys,

let me ask you: in 2016 the subject was different? I’ m checking the CFA morning test, and the questions mainly fixed income is totally different that I’ve read in Kaplan Schweser material.

I have had this impression with the equity test as well but specially fixed income, I feel like I have nothing studied.

Anyone could give me some impression?

In 2018 and 2017 essay tests i didnt feel like that.

As per IFT’s 2019 CFA level 3 exam relevancy overview, fixed income and equity for 2016 (+ asset allocation) is not relevant for the 2019 curriculum. So you are right with your impression.

The IFT guidelines are useful but some of the questions/topics they identify as irrelevant (particularly for fixed income) are actually still included. Before sitting an AM mock I have a quick review of the sections they say aren’t included and see if it seems relevant answer that question. When reviewing the answers I also have a quick review of the answers of sections I didn’t think were relevant to make sure I didn’t just have a moment of amnesia when reviewing beforehand!

Could you provide some examples of material IFT assessed as irrelevant but should not be?