Actual exam difficulty (level 2)

Sorry for disturbing level 3 candidates. But I just wanted to know how is the difficult level of CFA level 2 actual exam compared to cfai mocks and which mock resembles actual exam very much?

I always found mocks/practice questions much harder than the actual exam. EOCs on average reflect well the actual exam difficulty. For L2, I found those online questions unnecessary difficult and decided not to do them. Despite not doing mock and practice questions, I passed on the first attempt.

The CFAI mocks were harder than the actual exam for both levels, in my view, as were the online questions. The exams were just more straight to the point I always thought.

Dont worry, just go in and do it - you’ll be fine.

Why there is no CFA level 4 forum where I can ask the actual exam difficulty of level 3 :slight_smile:

Yes there is! It’s called Water Cooler

LVL2 mocks were way more difficult than the actual exam. I was struggling with the LVL2 mocks but ended up scoring in top10% in the actual exam.

I’ve always found the mocks and actual exams to be comparable. But I know that I’m in the minority with that (and I also know that’s probably not the answer you are looking for).

Totally agree. Me too.

As stated above, I found the L2 mocks to be significantly harder than the real thing. Remember walking out of the exam asking myself “is this really the L2 beast everyone always talks about?”

L3 exam, on the other hand, is a completely different story; Pray in the AM, Slay in the PM

1 Like

I always thought the mocks were good practice and a good representative of what you could get in the actual exam. If anything, I agree with others that the mocks were harder than the real thing.

So if you’re doing 70%+ on those, then you should have some level of assurance that you are on the right track at the very least, if not on your way to lv3 next year. Good luck.