L3 retakers

What was your mock scores vs actual for AM/PM the last attempt?

How many hours you’ve studied for the last attempt?

did you finish the AM on time for the last attempt ?and how many points you’ve left blank?

in general, what went wrong for the last attempt?

I think such answers will help first timers to cool their anxiety about the results or at least will help them to know where they stand.

2018:

• did only 2 full schweser AMs timed (93/180 and 80/180)
  • did 3 schweser PMs timed: (40, 42, 47 out of 60)
  • did every single topic test (last yr there were only 360 if i recall, not 413 like this year): 230/360 which is 64%
  • this translated to a gameday score of around 35% on the AM and around 61% on the PM. left 35-40 points on AM completely blank

2019:

here are my stats from this year as i already posted: https://www.analystforum.com/forums/cfa-forums/cfa-level-iii-forum/91372344

editors note: the more days that pass, the more nervous i get…and yet…the more days pass the more i think i CLEARED THE EXAM. i mean look at some of my mock scores, some of them are failry high. idk. at some point, the math just HAS TO work out in my favor, right?

tremendous improvement. i’m sure you will pass in 2019

John good job. All the best. You really have put in a lot of effort into this program.

My Mock scores in 2018 were around 50 for AM and 70 for PM on and I got close to 48 and 70 on the actual exam which was fairly close to the passing line.

I studied 300+ hours for my attempt in 2018 but my final review was bad since I had started a new job. I failed mostly due to poor time management on AM - I left about 20 to 30 blank and a lot of rushed questions.

This year, I was averaging mid 70’s for AM and high 70’s for PM on mock exams, so hopefully the news will be good in August (but you never know). I still ended up leaving 6 marks blank on AM this year though as time was an issue again…

Great improvement Mrsushi. It look like a guaranteed pass.

I do feel that 5% to 10% of the actual score is attributed to the final review. The game is how to deep dive into the curriculum and recall it all in 10 days before the exam.

-Start to practice the AM on May, which is too late.

• Joined the Marc Level Up Boot Camp on April and though the course was the panacea to pass. In fact, it was not.

Reply too much on his material at the last stage.

• Don’t finish any single past AM paper under time constraint, which is a big mistake.

• Didn’t read the CFAI curriculum and only do the Blue box and EOC question.

• Focus only on the CFAI curriculum and read it at least twice

• Finish the first reading by end of February and start to practice questions

• Do 6 years past AM essays and 3 MM essays under time constraint, which is super helpful on time management

• Get Magician to grade two AM essays, which I highly recommend and have a better idea how to improve myself on AM

• AM mock score around 62-70%, PM 36-42/60

I feel more prepared this year. I left 3 point question blank and screw up a 5 minutes question.

Looks like a pass… great effort in 19