If you're freaking out about not getting a post-exam survey - come in here

I have to for the life of me, believe, that the most prestigious collection of financial services employees on the face of the planet are NOT going to just give their exam away like this. I’ve talked to both people who have received the email and passed/failed AND people who didn’t receive the email and pass/failed. Meaning, that you can still fail if you received the post-exam survey & you can still pass if you didn’t.

And if they DID give the exam results away like this with a tell, then, I don’t think I’d want to be a part of the thing anyway. The entire point of the CFA program is so that we can create a tangible platform to showcase our ethics and integrity for global capital markets. Could you imagine the disservice they would be doing to that mission if they only gave surveys to passing candidates?

Definitely not a tell. Pure survey.

I didn’t receive. I believe the survey is sent out to all candidates of different levels and since there are only few L3 candidates then lesser samples were also taken out of our bunch. clearly not stratified

I don’t think it has any relevance. I received it both this year and last year. Last year failed L3 just under the line.

In essence you are basically claiming that one month before the results are set to come out, CFAI already knows who is a pass and who is a fail and now magically wants to tease people who have passed (instead of waiting for results to be official). I hope you are aware how does it sound. You are just being anxious (I am too, but not to such an extent).

Never worry about things you have no control of. Go outside, socialize, do some interesting stuff.

This week they’re gonna grade our essays. Fingers crossed.

I got the survey. Time to start preparing for next year I guess :confused:

I’m claiming this? What? Reading comprehension bro…

I assumed that these surveys are made before results come out. No need to get all defensive if I got it wrong.

Cheers

:grin: i remember last year there was also the scholarship page theory

There was one year where there really was a tell, I can’t recall what year it was but it was 2016-ish. I believe it also had to do with the scholarship, and it was legitimate. Basically, as I recall, those who’d passed could not sign up for the scholarship and those who had failed could. It was tested thoroughly afterwards by posters and it was in fact a tell. It wasn’t this early though and just appeared maybe a few days before the results release.

Once the results are loaded in, it’s tough to keep everything straight and tells certainly can pop up. I wouldn’t recommend trying to find one though because it just creates extra stress!

But yeah, to OP’s point, no way is receiving the survey a tell.

How many days before the results date was this available?

for level 3, it’s too early to tell who is a pass/fail.

Receiving the post-exam survey is a highly reliable indicator that you sat the exam and did not just have some weird dream.

I received this survey on 17th July 2019. It says:

You have been randomly selected to participate in this post- exam candidate survey. We ask you to set aside approximately 10 minutes to complete the post-exam survey, which asks for feedback on your candidate experience.

Some candidates also receive survey emails before the exam, and it reads like this (post exam survey sent after the exam)

You have been randomly selected to participate in this year’s pre and post-exam candidate surveys, which ask for feedback on your experience as a candidate in the CFA Program.

It shows that it’s sent to a random list of candidates.

Yeah and I get randomly searched at the airport every single time. What are the odds right?

Any guess for CFA exam result date?

Thanks in advance