Have you guys started forgetting?

I’ve started forgetting already. Those micro/macro performance attribution formulas? Poof. It’s only been a month…Sad! On the plus side, it’ll be (almost) like a clean slate next year (dear god I hope it doesn’t come to that).

Suppose it depends how much you use in the day to day . In terms of the exam I can’t remember c. 90% of the questions from the PM (and those that I can are ones which I wasn’t sure on!) but I can remember a decent chunk of the AM. Does go eventually, if I sat L2 now I would probably get at best 50% as I use very little of it.

Yep forgot a lot but did retain a good amount, most of which I utilize regularly.

I work in asset management, client facing… just had a meeting and was talking about fed monetary policy and explained to clients why we increased the bond portfolio duration and sold some floating rate bonds.

I feel like I haven’t forgotten much of the concepts, but terminology is a different story. Today I would not have remember the term ‘‘shrinkage estimation’’ even if I had had a gun to my head. Had to look it up.

I thought the title of this thread said “Have you started farting”

But to answer your question - there’s actually a LOT that I still remember from L3. All of behavior finance i remember. I still remember exactly how to do IPS, differences of foundations/endowments etc. I even remember Singer/Terhaar (I literally just wrote it out), I still remember how to change exposures/betas using futures contracts/swaps. Like, there’s a ton I remember.

Probably could do alright on the exam if I took it in the next hour. Especially all the Active/Passive equity stuff - I use that every day in my job.

I had a stack of 600 flashcards that I religiously studied every singe day - it took me over 2.5 hours to do them every day. And I started viewing them in the middle of March. I was over studied - just hope it translates to a pass.

Definitely don’t remember every gory detail, but surprisingly remember a decent amount. The biggest difference I’d say is speed of recall - if given the exam right now, I’d struggle to complete it in the time constraints. Was much better conditioned for the timing aspect prior and during the exam than now.

I think it’s funny that one of you is so butt hurt by everything I say you feel the need to constantly downvote what I say.

:slight_smile: