Time of message reciept - Important Information About Your CFA Exam Result

Hi all,

I’m wondering if time of message from CFAI - “Important Information About Your CFA Exam Result” somehow can predict you result.

Two years ago I regretfully failed with my first attempt for Level 2 exam the time the message was sent used to be 11:56 A.M. (ET)

For both, Level 1 exam, which I passed form the first attempt, and second successful attempt for Level 2 exam I got a notice around 9 A.M. (ET). The exam results also were sent about 9 A.M.

Those who ever failed any of the exams, can you please share time of the notification on exam result date was released to you?

Cheers!

I cant remember the timing of the “important information about your CFA result” emails for when I failed and passed L2, but I do know when I passed I got the results email a lot later than when I failed the year before so not sure there is really anything to read into this!

Yeh, least likely that this is linked. Each year I try to seat exam in a different country (to get a chance for a couple of days leisure for me and my couple after the exam). It might be also linked to the country (test center) where you take the exam. CFAI can distribute the results by test centers.

What time did you get the email “important notification about…” this year???

Around noon time (

This time was a different city, but same country as in year 2017 when I failed level 2, Switzerland.

Passed L1/L2 2017/2018, received both e-mails around 10am EST. Receievd e-mail for L3 around 12pm EST. Thanks for making me worry now.

Me 11:57 am ET

Spain

I really hope that this is just data mining bias… Lets see…

I hope logic work here, if they knew by that time who passed and failed. Why didn’t they distributed all levels results together.

We got a message in a week 7 after exam, i.e. week when Board sets MPS for Level III. So they might already knew. Following weeks is just for internal controls…

The worst thing is that we have to wait 13 days more…

Ditto

Well looks like I’m really failing. Was hoping for a miracle but…oh well…my first taste of failure…great

Can anyone who passed last year debunk this theory? Please OMG

you can ask 125mph , he is super confident that he will pass :grin:

@125mph where ya at? @charterholders? @passed level III?? Where are people when you need them?

This year i felt confident after the exam…

I can’t find the famous email of last year…i knew i was going to be around the mps and finally i was almost there… but the feeling is different this year, although i got the email at ‘failing time”

I can’t think of anything worse or more unproductive than this to waste my time on. Guys cmon. There’s no correlation between the time you received the notification email and passing lol.