I got a job interview on the 20th

Results at 9am and then a job interview 11am-5pm on the 20th. In one scenario they find me giddy with a smirk on my face all day. In scenario 2 they find me zoning out staring at the corner with my whole life flashing by. On a separate note, is it unethical to have my current employer pay for the CFA exams and dues and then hop ship within a month? Or should I wait and see if the new employer (if interview goes well) would pay for this?

if you pass, pretty sure your interviewer is gonna be impressed by your skills at delivering superior returns as compared to other non - CFA guys. possible and positive double whammy effect brahhhhh.

I’ll tell you a real story, a friend of mine works in a small size real estate investment company, recently the company was acquired by a big foreign developer and now they are going to lay off everyone.

“On a separate note, is it unethical to have my current employer pay for the CFA exams and dues and then hop ship within a month? Or should I wait and see if the new employer (if interview goes well) would pay for this?”

Well, apply your hard acquired understanding of ethics. Would there be any stakeholders in this process that would be damaged in any way? I am sure you already know the answer.

Make sure to mention that you can guarantee superior returns.

^ That’s already in my elevator speech. How do you think I beat the non-CFA schmucks to the interview? :wink:

I think you will get the job.

So let me get this straight. You have a 6 hour job interview?

nah, but more seriously, you don’t owe your current employer jack shit. Don’t ever assume you do.

He should not solicit his employer to pay for the membership given that he expects to leave very soon. But if his current employer approaches him offering to pay for the expense without any contingencies, he should accept it. The original post was asking about ethics, not personal opinion. My assumption from previous post was that the employer would not approach him.

I agree with CEO 10k. You don’t owe your employer ****. They will let you go without blinking if it is in their best interest. Take your money, chances are you already gave them their money’s worth from the skills you acquired from the whole CFA process.

Yeah it’s almost a full day of meeting with different people and some interview modules

when did you apply?

why didn’t you wait for results to then start applying?

+1. But if you do so, make sure that it won’t come back to bite your ass down the road.

Gone are the days when companies and employees were loyal to each other (except in Japan, maybe). A company wouldn’t hesitate to fuck you over if needed. The feeling should be mutual.

Can’t agree more. This is part of your benefit package (tuition reimbursement, professional dues, exam fees). You should not feel bad if company pays for it and then you hop over another company.

Well you do not own your employer crap and yes, they will easily replace you if it suits their needs no matter what your accomplishments were and how many successes you previously had. But just because someone is a dou*** does not mean you should be one either, that is all I am saying. Plus, you asked about what is ethical (or unethical). If the answer about being ethical does not suit your needs then simply do not ask question about ethics in the first place.

Because I don’t want to hold off my life because of the charter? It really doesn’t change much…

I have an important business meeting scheduled on 21st to negotiate a M&A deal at board level. Since Im in GMT 8 time zone, i will get the result at 9pm on 20th. Not sure how i do cope with that if i fail. Fingers crossed for us bro