What provider are you going to use in 2020?

To those who are attempting the CFA level III exam in 2020, I would like to know what provider are you planning to use (if any) and why?

So far, I am still in doubt as to whether I should use MM or sign up with level up for their videos. MM is cheap as compared to level up, but I can easily afford the fees of level up too, yet I wonder if the extra money will be well spent! I’ve never used them before.

I used MM and his videos were good, but I didn’t like his notes and mocks for level 2. I could only wonder now if he provides better notes and mocks for L3.

According to a thread in the reddit CFA forum, Mark Meldrum will not be offering mock exams for 2020. Apparently he has a video on his website in which he says as much.

https://www.markmeldrum.com/product-category/level-iii/

I found his videos covering BB, EOCs very helpful.

Why will he not offer mocks for 2020? This time I planned to purchase MM mocks. If so then which mocks are better for preparation (no schweser please)?

I think he won’t be offering for L2, but when I messaged him asking about L3 he said that mocks are included!!

I also liked his end of chapter videos, but to tell you the truth, I often felt lazy answering EOC on my own and I’d watch the video instead which isn’t very effective so at times I felt it was rather a disadvantage, because actually answering questions and reading the answer of CFAI at the back of the book is indeed way more effective.

I would answer the question first, then compare with the answer at the back of the book, then I watch the video relate to that question. You will see that sometimes he has quicker way to solve the problem.

Yea I agree that this is how it should be done, I guess I was just tempted to take a shortcut with the videos available, but reading CFAI explation is way more effective, because while Mark does give an explanation, I often felt that the book clarification is more detailed.