Schweser was useful for derivatives, equity, fixed income, most of the quantitative stuff. CFAI is probably better for the portfolio management topic areas.

Don’t overlook the alpha you can create by becoming good in the areas most people struggle in (think quant, derivatives, ethics).

What was your matrix like?

My matrix was horrible

I am below 10% line

I found level up extremely useful

How did you study?

Failing sucks big time and I really feel for you. I had to resit L2 and failing first time round was gut wrenching.

Few things from me to mull over when you feel up to it:

start early. I first opened a text book in Sept 18 and aimed to complete a first run through of the material by January

Use CFAI books as your bedrock for study. I did Schweser classes in early 2019 to fill in some gaps but never touched their books. You need to know the curriculum inside out and for me why would you go anywhere else other than the official source

Mocks and more mocks under exam conditions. From Feb onwards I was almost exclusively working through the CFAI mocks or the end of chapter questions to drill the material. Time pressure was not an issue for me on exam day and I put that down to c. 20 mocks under pressured conditons

Look at your breakdown and try and spot any weaker areas

Hope this helps, ignore if not!

I failed last year and i felt like you… I think the trick is to master the pm part…i was very confident in the essay portion this year and the results have been the same as last year… the pm portion saved me… don’t give up you are almost there…

What were your mock scores like? And do you feel you have spent sufficient time studying to know the material from the back of your hand?

I used Kaplan for notes and IFT for videos and did all the mocks and EOCs and Blue Boxes.

I have a question. How in the world did you sit for L3 if you were born in 1999? Only the first level is allowed when you are in college.

You edited the post. lmaoooooo

This is not for me

This is for my cousin brother

I am asking questions on his behalf

I am just a frm candidate

He just saw me the question and he deleted the whole question

He is really frustated

I had the same question in mind lol but perhaps this is not his date of birth

Actually the problem is he did not study at all and that is why he failed

But after gathering a lot of stratgies here i told him everything about how to study

Fishy fishy fishy

Relax and Fight!

If your “cousin brother” can’t post his own thread then I’m not sure there is hope

+1