Prep Providers Other Than Kaplan

Unfortunately I didn’t pass. I’m curious for top recommendations for prep providers other than Kaplan, particularly for practice exams. Thanks,.

You can use LevelUp Bootcamps. Not only prepare you academically, but also give you a lot of confidence and self assurance in the morning essay.

Gotta give Mark Meldrum a nod here. I did read the CFAI text cover to cover, but Meldrum’s videos and mock exams were the secret sauce.

Also attended the Level Up Bootcamp in Toronto. Was it worth the cash? Meh… I passed so hard to argue.

Another vote for Mark Meldrum.

2018 Level Up videos/bootcamp => Fail

2019 Mark Meldrum => Pass

As the person above - I really see no value in bootcamp.

If you are within Canada, Ontario, Toronto area I’d HIGHLY recommend Passmax. I’ve done this course for level 2 and 3 and it worked wonders, altho I feel like for level 3 nothing will truly help essays but self driven practice of prior exams (i.e. I did 2019-2008 ish AM strictly in the areas I was weak in - PWM, AA, Equities, PM, etc.) and what do you know in those areas I ended up scoring 90th percentile. Ended up passing somehow.

Stay strong you guys will kill it next time.

Another vote for Mark Meldrum. This guy is awesome. And his stuff are of great value.

Used him for both Lvl 2 and Lvl3 and cleared them both.

Cannot reccommend him enough.

Third time retaker, LevelUp finally got me across the line. I did videos and Bootcamp and followed Marc’s advice really close.

Failed pretty bad the first time, got close the second time, crushed it 90%ile after Bootcamp and videos.

Good luck to all trying next year. No short cut for level 3, just hard work and essay practice.

Passed first time with Marc and Level Up videos and boot camp - I highly recommend Marc and his approach which is to use him and the resources he provides to focus on the curriculum. Start early, no shortcuts, do CFAI blue boxes, EOC questions, old essay exams (which Marc organized beautifully by topic and relevancy - so useful!), CFAI topic tests and mocks and work hard. I also used K-S practice tests after I ran though CFAI questions more than once. They helped for the multiple choice, but overall didn’t love them.

Nod for Mark Meldrum. After all, I have to say AM session is still the main reason why people fail it. I am very lucky to just marginally above the MPS. Mark’s package normally has options for you to have a grader to grade your mock exam. Its huge beneficial.

2017 : Level up & Wiley videos --> failed (PM section very bad, AM quite ok --> credit goes to Daren Wiley)

2018 : Schweser, IFT --> failed because too busy on work (AM worse than PM)

2019 : Target to balance between AM & PM (only study 2.5 months before exam because of work load, no read curriculum unless for new equity material & intermarket currency trade)

Essay

• https://www.acelevel3.com --> to learn about bullet point style
  • Daren service grading 2 mock exam (Fintalex)
  • CFAI Old 2006-2018
  • Mark Meldrum 4 mock (written by s2000)
  • 3 mock exam adaptprep
  • 3 mock exam fitchlearning

Item Set

• https://www.fitchexamprep.com/dates-prices/level-3/june-2020/review --> only $50 for his great website with Quiz to use as complement with CFAI Qbank --> set up great base for me even without reading the curriculum --> just sign up in the middle of April (2 months before exam)
  • https://www.bloombergprep.com --> goes for essential only --> upgrade another 2 mock exam, contact support (totally become 8 mock exam) --> the greatest item set mock --> very similiar nuances with real CFAI Exam --> very rush just annotated 10 days before real exam --> because before i don’t know it can be printed out.