A few questions about L3

Guys since you’ve passed your exam (congrats!), please can you share the tuition provider you used in your studies in L3, the pros and cons? Did you use them for their notes, mocks, or just videos?

Also, Where can we obtain the past CFA exams? I am reading threads about candidates having the past 10 years, where can I purchase/download these?

What grading services did you use to assess your writing skills, if any?

Anything else you want to add?

Passmax (only offered in Canada, Ontario, Toronto). Krikor is extremely good and I legit followed everything he said - he has a solid foundationand has done this prep program really well.

Best of luck fellow level 3 candidate! I wish you all the best! I’m just a happy guy out here spreading love.

Most of the providers in the gulf region are expensive if you take in person. I used mark Meldrum which costed around 500 CAD if I remember. His videos were golden as he shows how to answer morning session to the point. When I failed last year I tried to do as many AM mocks but that didn’t work. Best to take guidance on answering from Mark. He guides you to keep it concise rather than information overload

I used a bit of IFT and Marc Level Up. What I did was watch Marc’s videos on topics that are mostly covered in the essay portion. Other topics (more technical ones) such as Fixed Income, Equity, Alternatives and so on, I would watch IFT. For notes, I stuck with IFT’s notes. I found them useful and have been using them since Level II. Cons of each provider includes the accent (IFT) and not doing blue boxes in detail (Marc).

You can find previous exams on IFT’s website, but I think you’ll need to buy a package before being able to access them. As for the grading service, I used IFT as well. The service was extremely helpful, I’d recommend it.

IFT seems to be the winner here. If you can handle the accent, then you’re good to go. I’d also recommend you purchase and watch his high yield videos (summary videos) during the last month or so of studying. And most importantly, IFT has videos that go over previous exam questions in detail. Make sure you go through as many of those videos as you can, starting from the most recent exams.

I’d say the question about which provider to choose is pretty irrelevant (as long as you don’t go with Schweser). By the end of the day, it all comes down to going through the material in depth and practicing the AM portion.

MM+1 - I also used his course and Mark made all the materials sound so easy and you understand the concepts instead of memorizing them; got 90th in my L3.