AM portion

I failed. I’m just so surprised to have scored so poorly on ‘behavioural finance, private wealth, and institutional portfolio management’

I scored way below the 10th percentile (everything else except GIPS, OVER 50%)

my question is, I remember answering the calculation questions using a pencil and used a pen for other questions on the AM, could it be that my penciled answers were not marked at all?!!

Thanks guys, I’m very disappointed in myself right now :frowning:

I passed and used pencil for all my AM answers. Hope this helps…

Sorry and I can’t even imagine how hurtful it must be for u… though I passed, I was super shocked by my equity and Fixed Income score just on the 50% Mark… . If I had failed I would’ve never been able to accept those 2 scores…

But I would strongly recommend u use pen next time coz there’s not even enough time to go back and erase when u use a pencil

I suggest just be consistent. Not sure what is the point of switching between pencil and pen for the AM.

Between pencil and pen, I suggest using pencil. Don’t need to erase anything if you can cross them out without confusion. But there is always the chance that it became messy or you wrote something entirely wrong in the wrong box. Both of these happened during my AM paper.

On the point that you won’t have time to go back to erase anything, just write faster, and write in bullet points. The aim is to get your ideas down on paper ASAP before they escape you. You won’t get penalised for bad grammar, or untidy handwriting. They need to be legible though.

My structered responses looked like original picasso’s at the end in all honesty. There was one question where I circled two things. Scratched them out, circled a new two things, and then realized I had the answer backwards, so scratched them out and then circled what I felt was the right answer. I ended up writing “Sorry” next to all of this too.

I scored “Private Wealth and Behavioral” far less than 50% (even close to 40% I think). But I still passed.

I scored top percentiles at FI, Equity and Ethincs and it made the difference.

Similar situation, pm was good, am a total disaster. Regret not doing any mock or any prep specific for the am portion of the exam

fml

Was wasted in am, went to a wedding day before. Couldnt remember the questions afterwards however it wasnt my first attempt. Pm was ok. Behavioural was slightly above 50. Finally made it never give up.