Failed For The 9th Time

HerbsDelite wrote:

CFA is not BIGGER. My DETERMINATION  is BIGGER THAN THAT. I don’t want to give the CFA institute or its standardised tests any more respect than it deserves. THEY ARE NOT BIGGER THAN MY COMPOSURE AND RESOLVE. Get it ?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It be like that sometimes.

Personalized CFA® exam prep is here! Through this exclusive Analyst Forum offer, you can save 10% on a June 2020 Level III CFA PremiumPlus™ or Premium Study Package. Use promo code KS-AF10 at check out. Offer expires Oct 31, 2019.

Go see Marc Lefevre @ Levelup…He provides videos & a slidebook….Do all those then get yourself to his bootcamp where you get a thick book full of previous years morning essay questions (dating back to the early 2000’s) sorted by topic. Practice writing those essays(timed) then grade yourself (& or have a friend do it) then redo it and learn from your mistakes. Then as you get closer to exam day you should be writing the essays with all the topics (not just doing Beh Fin essays for 2 hrs)….When you do this you’ll build endurance for the morning session and you should have no problem crushing Lvl III. Level 2 was a nightmare for myself but level III wasn’t nearly as bad due to the material being much more simple….If you can get past the essay questions and do well enough you will pass. Go see Marc!

Let me put things in perspective for you. Try to add up costs for the preparation, materials, bootcamps. You will probably approach the cost of the decent Master degree in Europe. Why on Earth being dead-set on the charter? If you think about networking, let me disappoint you. 99% of those doing CFA are in back-office. And this Charter does not get them anywhere. The guy with the Charter used to do bookkeeping for us - along with elderly ladies who have 3 classes of education, because he had no relevant experience. CFA charter is the nice add-on for those already working in the industry.

In my opinion, a decent dating site has more networking opportunities than CFAI meetings… but that is my honest opinion…

cfaonceagain2019 wrote:

Let me put things in perspective for you. Try to add up costs for the preparation, materials, bootcamps. You will probably approach the cost of the decent Master degree in Europe. Why on Earth being dead-set on the charter? If you think about networking, let me disappoint you. 99% of those doing CFA are in back-office. And this Charter does not get them anywhere. The guy with the Charter used to do bookkeeping for us - along with elderly ladies who have 3 classes of education, because he had no relevant experience. CFA charter is the nice add-on for those already working in the industry.

In my opinion, a decent dating site has more networking opportunities than CFAI meetings… but that is my honest opinion…

99% - really?  I was an energy trader out of college then got a quant gig at the same company because I had started the CFA program which no one else at the company was doing (at least that’s my belief).  Then went to another company to start commodities trading and now a portfolio manager reviewing the S&P 500 and EU Stoxx 50.  

Not bragging about my path - I just feel like a lot more than 1% are doing what I do.

The dream is now a reality