How long did CFAI take to approve referees/work experience?

Sent off my referee emails yesterday soon after L3 results came out…how long does it take for them to actually be sent? Checked with the people I asked and they still hadnt received the email from CFAI a few hours later does it normally take this long? Once my referees have sent back their responses am I looking at 1/2 weeks for CFAI to approve my work experience and referrals? Should have done this before results but didnt want to ask for referees before knowing I had passed!

I was the same way. Submitted application and referrals yesterday afternoon. Got notifications almost immediately that they received referrals and took a matter of hours to have my work experience approved by the CFAI. Late last night my status switched to “Under Review - Society,” so just waiting for my local society to approve. I would assume rather quickly, then I can pay and start using the letters.

It was same day turnaround for approval of work experience for me, although I submitted a week or two ago when presumably their queue was less busy.

I’m not sure how long the turnaround was on the reference section as I started the application in July by sending out reference requests and then waited to August to get the 48th month of work experience before finalizing the application.

I applied a couple weeks back and it went through same day with CFAI, but it’s been Under Review with the local society for two weeks now, so still waiting on that.

Just submitted mine, so it shows CFA Institute with the appropriate number of months under “Submitted Work Experience Months”

However, under the local society, it says “0” under Submitted Work Experience Months… Did it look different for you guys?

I entered two charterholders, they goy their emails right away and submitted them. It says for both “reference completed”, but I cannot pass to the last step as it still says 5 of 6 completed. When I press save & continue it brings me back to adding more references.

It looks like somehow the charterholders are not recognized or something, but I can find them in the directory and I am pretty sure theyre in the same local community.

So endresult; my application status is ‘saved’ and it seems its not being verified yet by CFAI.

Anyone recognizing this?

Resent the emails this morning, references responded quickly and it was only a matter of hours after that! Been using the letters after my name this afternoon!

I have the same issue - my two references (in my local CFA society) completed their reference, I got the emails saying they were submitted, but I can not move past the “Reference” step of the application and submit my application. Is work experience approved when you submit the application? And how do they know my references are CFA members? All I gave was their name and email.

I believe when your reference fills out the form that they ask for CFA ID if applicable.

I just added an extra reference and got approved within minutes after submitting.

Now im a member, but am I a charterholde? My profile in the cfa members app says “John Doe, CFA”. I guess iam right?

which society did you apply for?

work experince took maybe 2 hours from CFAI. Lets see how long it takes the Chicago Society to review/approve my application.