For whose who passed, what would you have done differently to improve your scores?

Now it’s over for the long battles and congrats to you all. However, I’d like to contribute this to the future L3 candidates to illuminate them for their preparations.

Result: Passed

Suggestion to myself : I would start ethics earlier along with other topics. I would do more AM mocks ,as I did only 10 mocks, in order to get used to the time condition and the pattern of the exam formats.

All in all, I aimed to be above 90th percentile but even I passed, I still have to review my results for what I could have done better. I would like you guys to join either you make it or not to dedicate your valuable suggestions to the future L3 candidates.

Thank you all and I’m honored to join AF forum with you guys. Wish you all the very best of all for your bright future.

Only thing I might have changed would be doing the blue box and EOC questions as I read the syllabus instead of when I had finished, but apart from that not a lot else. Started early, was doing mocks and practise questions from mid January and left the exam feeling that even if I had studied for another month the result I got (mid 80’s percentile) wouldnt have changed

My only suggestion would be: Stick to the plan. I tried very hard to maintain the course, I could not. Luckily though I passed.

Spend even more time on the CFAI material and really focus on their online qbank platform and book problems. Ignore the Schweser instructor when they tell you some of the stuff that is not likely to be tested, try to know it all.

I would practice more blue boxes in fixed income. The reason I didn’t do well in fixed income was because I skipped some of the long blue boxes in the curriculum

Real talk

study less

What? Why do you care about scoring in the 90th percentile? IMO you’re really skilled at studying when you study just enough to get over the bar.

#I’mstillacharterholderjustlikeyouare

Agreed here as well. I would of started listing to videos on commute earlier on rather than during end of April.

I didn’t study to just get over the bar. On many topics I went above and beyond of what was required because I thought it would be useful to know. Having the charter is great, and so is knowing the material from top to bottom.

My advice for future L3ers: start early and study every day (obviously take some days off but you get my point). This has twofold benefits: 1) there’s never that “should I study today?” question lingering in the air 2) your brain processes new material when you’re sleeping. Feed your brain every day something that it can process during the night.

My only intention for 90th percentile was just to compete with myself not others. By the way, I admire you CEO10K-DAY for being who you are to this forum. You have no idea how you’ve been brightening up other AF-ers days. :slightly_smiling_face:

Couldn’t agree more. You’re one of my favorite AFers here.

I probably would have paid for Meldrum’s lectures. They are relatively inexpensive and get very good reviews. I would have still used LevelUp as my core, but I would have at least looked at Meldrum’s videos and notes.

Start doing practice questions, including old exams, even earlier.

Not much honestly other than use Marc’s focus book earlier to go over the blue boxes. If I failed, I would have used MM’s mocks as I’ve read they are pretty good. I started early (last fall), followed Marc’s advice, studied hard and consistently, no magic.

Manage the unproductive/waste days better. That’s all.

Might sound redundant, but do whatever it takes to keep your stress levels down. I wrote my first time last year and failed-- Was crushing mocks, but come test time it got into my head. Failed ~band 10.

This year-- I started my MBA, and convinced myself to try again. I walked into the exam this year feeling less prepared than last year, but the difference was being able to think much more clearly exam day. Keep your stress levels down- it can be the 2-3 mark difference between a pass and fail.

“Word.” :+1: