Marc or Mark?

LadyMacbethStrategy wrote:

I am very confused as to whether I should register with MM or level up. Considering that money is not an issue for me, which one would be of better quality?

I used MM and he was fairly good. The notes were bad, but I am planning to study from the curriculum anyway (for the first time). His mocks for L2 were full of mistakes, but people are saying that his mocks for L3 were good.

On the other hand, people praise Marc a lot and say that for L3 he is absolutely the best! But I wont be able to attend any bootcamp due to location, so I will just get the videos if I do register with him.

Does both of them teach how to solve the AM session questions in their videos?

Which part of the world you are from ?

back against the wall. no retreat no surrender.

You’ve made it this far, and you know what it takes to pass. Don’t be fooled by false promises and unrealistic claims. Schweser’s CFA® study packages give you the proven study tools and expert instruction you need to finish the job.

HerbsDelite wrote:
I am very confused as to whether I should register with MM or level up. Considering that money is not an issue for me, which one would be of better quality?

I used MM and he was fairly good. The notes were bad, but I am planning to study from the curriculum anyway (for the first time). His mocks for L2 were full of mistakes, but people are saying that his mocks for L3 were good.

On the other hand, people praise Marc a lot and say that for L3 he is absolutely the best! But I wont be able to attend any bootcamp due to location, so I will just get the videos if I do register with him.

The land, I suspect.

Simplify the complicated side; don't complify the simplicated side.

Financial Exam Help 123: The place to get help for the CFA® exams
http://financialexamhelp123.com/

Does mark Meldrum sell his mocks separately?

ak****f5 wrote:

yes, for 2018 i bought his video only –> failed

for 2019 i solely bought his mock exam (written by S2000) after read 125mph post.

but i don’t stop at there only, i also bought 3 mock exam from fitch learning ($50) and 8 mock exams from bloomberg.

"Let's kill him properly this time" (Thor - Endgame)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5I6235vlok

FRM Holder - 2012
Passed CFA Level III - 2019

S2000magician wrote:

How about Marque?

If there is one, I would try it :D  I sent you a private message asking some questions, would appreciate it if you could get back to me, or I could put the questions here? They are not related to CFA content, but rather about the grading and mocks.

Thanks 

HerbsDelite wrote:

UAE, Dubai.. Marc used to do some bootcamps there, but he doesn’t anymore. Plus, honestly, I am not the type of person who learns veyr fast and around others. I am not social and I like to take my time, so the bootcamps are probably a bad idea for me anyway regardless of the location.

jounin83 wrote:

ak****f5 wrote:

yes, for 2018 i bought his video only –> failed

for 2019 i solely bought his mock exam (written by S2000) after read 125mph post.

but i don’t stop at there only, i also bought 3 mock exam from fitch learning ($50) and 8 mock exams from bloomberg.

Can you give us a feedback on the mocks? So that I would consider them in my L3 preparation 

Thanks

S2000magician wrote:

HerbsDelite wrote:

The land, I suspect.

You got it right, I wonder how did you know! 

ALBAREGINA wrote:

I watched Mark Meldrum videos and also Marc Levebre and went to his bootcamp and used Schweser and still failed. I passed level I and level II on the first try. So frankly I have no clue. Just saying that all these providers are not the holy grail. Take all of this with a grain of salt. If I do decide to retake this aweful thing… I will probably go with IFT videos since he helped me pass Level II on the first try and just read the CFAI material only. It is so dry and I got by without reading it for Level I and II but guess got unlucky this time around. 

I think the problem was not the prep provider. Maybe you didn’t get to understand how to answer the AM session. How were your scores? How many hours did you put in? How were your mocks before the exam?

S2000magician wrote:
HerbsDelite wrote:

The land, I suspect.

You did notice the “magician” in my user name, no?

I heard about his ips book. But the ips question they did every year is gone now, so it is not relevant to 2020.

If there is no IPS question and associated book, then I would not attend his Bootcamp.  

I just went over the new reading, it’s nowhere.

GRIN OLD SINGER wrote:
I heard about his ips book. But the ips question they did every year is gone now, so it is not relevant to 2020.

There will certainly be changes to the format of individual IPS questions based on the new reading, but the questions will not be gone, and a lot of the information on how to answer those questions will remain substantially the same as it has always been.

Yes, but the awful spending needs/irr  calculation question is gone. I spent hours and hours getting that down.it wasn’t very hard this year but some in the past were just horrific. The one with the woman who used her tax deffered account for her nest egg and you had to add it back tax free but the question was after tax comes to mind. No way you could complete one of those in the 6 or 8 minutes given. You had to make up time elsewhere after those questions even if you crushed them. Can’t say I will miss it.

GRIN OLD SINGER wrote:

Yes, but the awful spending needs/irr  calculation question is gone. I spent hours and hours getting that down.it wasn’t very hard this year but some in the past were just horrific. The one with the woman who used her tax deffered account for her nest egg and you had to add it back tax free but the question was after tax comes to mind. No way you could complete one of those in the 6 or 8 minutes given. You had to make up time elsewhere after those questions even if you crushed them. Can’t say I will miss it.

I am sure CFAI will find a way to make new material awful ul too for some.

mskhan91 wrote:
GRIN OLD SINGER wrote:

I am sure CFAI will find a way to make new material awful ul too for some.

Well … duh!

At least interest rate options are gone, about 12 hours into that I decided to start chewing on some broken glass as a pick me up.

S2000magician wrote:

S2000magician wrote:
HerbsDelite wrote:

The land, I suspect.

You did notice the “magician” in my user name, no?

Ahhh completely missed that one! I must work on my observation skills for the CFA L3 exam! 

GRIN OLD SINGER wrote:

Ah I am reading a lot about the IPS and sure what is it about exactly given that it is going to be my first attempt. But I am glad somehting aweful is gone now. lol