What is the perfect answer for this question in am???

I’m trying to get the morning approach in better way so how should I answer simple question like this: from EOC

Discuss how Gerber displayed conservatism bias cite three examples from the reading

What I did in exam is like the book answer:

Define conservatism in 7 lines

Give three examples 3 lines each

Link the definition with the example in about 7 lines

Obviously the time was not enough and I take the book answer approach. How any of you will answer question like that in the real exam? If I escape the definition will I lose points

Hey,

I think your making your answer way too long. This is how i would answer it:

Conservatism: maintain old views -> slow to update new information

• eg 1

• eg 2

• eg 3

(the points to be very precise in 5-8 words)

Did not incorporate the above in updating his view of the stock => conservatism bias

Thats it!

The answer at the end of the book is not necessarily the way to answer in the exam. It depends on the points how detailed the answer must be. If its for more points just a couple of more bullet points giving a bit more detail should be enough. Be as precise as you can!

So you will not link the definition with examples or justify it? That is it and I will have all the points???

So before you start answering the question pay attention to the command words in the question and the points allocated. The same question can be for 3 points or 6/7 points. So need to answer accordingly.

If the question was for 3 points and just said discuss how Gerber displayed the bias, the above answer would be enough. If its not asked to justify then dont! Your not going to get more than 3 points if you write a lot more!

If the same question was discuss and justify how he displayed the bias and was for say 6/7 points then would need to add a bit more detail. Then the answer would be as follows:

Conservatism: maintain old views -> slow to update new information (1 point)

• eg 1 (1 point)

– few words to justify (1 point)

• eg 2 (1 point)

• eg 3 (1 point)

Did not incorporate the above in updating his view of the stock => conservatism bias

the number of points = number of minutes you must allocate to the question. If you end up writing a lot it would be very difficult to complete the paper and writing a lot on 1 question is not going to score you more marks!

Hope this helps!

Thank you very much the only solution is to practice a lot my score in pm is above 70. I don’t lack knowledge I need to practice more