Just use the CFAI curriculum

This is imo.

Just use the CFAI curriculum.

The only reason you should consider using a 3rd party prep provider is if you don’t have the time to give the ~350 hour committment to study. If you are going to study balls out, which you should for level 3, then just read from the CFAI curriculum, do the EOC, and the online cfai questions, and past mock exams going back at least 8 years.

Forget about this and that prep provider. The white text examples, EOC, blue boxes, online cfai questions, and past mock exams will fill your time up.

The first major player in the 3rd party prep provider was schweser and it was touted as a way to not spend so much time reading and to shorten your study time. This was the selling point and was really the only reason you should or would’ve used schweser. If you were going to spend the full 300+ hours studying, schweser would not have been good because you would’ve finished reading super early and would be reviewing only a portion of the material when you should be spending that time going more in depth that the cfai readings will accomplish.

Then all these other providers came into the market and the thing they say is that you should be studying the full 300+ hours. That’s true, but then why go with them? Just do the CFAI curriculum. I was skimming one of the programs that say to do this and that 5x. WTF. Just save your money and do the CFAI curriculum.

Agree with you. But a small bump with prep providers can enhance understanding the curriculum.

My strategy was use prep providers to dive in each chapter and review/make notes based on curriculum.

Also solved EOC, BB, CFAI questionnaires multiple times.

Passed with superior result thus can guarantee superior return. :wink:

Guess who has two thumbs, didn’t read from the cfa texts or do a single EOC problem, and still passed the exam.

this guy.

bruh, i didn’t even show up to the exam and passed. that’s how powerful reading only cfai curriculum is.

You’re a titan. Better than a god.

hahahaha