Charter Award Dinner 2019

As from this week, I am a CFA Charterholder and the charter is expected to come in 6-8 weeks. Yet my Society (Germany) organized an Award Dinner. Is this another way to receive the charter?

Any thoughts about these types of dinners and if it is advisable to attend? (since they are not free)

Thanks!

it’s just a local society’s way of congratulating, recognizing and welcoming the new passers and charterholders.

Why would you have to pay for it? Dont your local member dues cover part of this?

Good for networking my friend

Definitely if you want to build relationships within the industry. It can’t be that expensive, can it?

I’m attending mine. That’s where you get the 8x10 charter. The CFAI mails you the 17x22 charter.

Is it open bar?

How do you know these things?

he’s a CFA junkie :wink:

I didn’t sign up for a local society. It’d take away time from sitting around doing nothing after work.

I signed up and added my wife a guest. I got a email showing a balance due of $0.00… I guess its free.

Mine is in October. Added the fiancée and the balance is $0.00 as well. As long as you are a member of your local society, it should be free. I would attend. At least you get a meal out of it?

My society just emailed me saying, I get a gift at the award dinner too… And they ask if I want the backpack or the briefcase… hmm too bad I have a really nice Tumi laptop backpack and a tumi laptop breifcase too…

Those gifts are for peasants. Mine offered me a fanny pack with speakers and a refrigerated dual beer coozie system.

you’re trash 125mph

Is it really downgrade, Samsonite owns Tumi.

yes downgrade… this would be like toyota owning lexus… samsomite is toyota.

lol lol lol lol keeping it hip

CFALA offered an umbrella as a gift…Man did we luck out :grin:

This is what we got at the Colorado event. I don’t know if I should open it or not though! Looks like it was made by a winery on the western slop. Glad to see they partnered with a local shop!

Not sure about this but I’d surely go high on the bottle behind if I pass next year. :wink: