CFA Society Boston Meeting Date

Anyone know when the CFA Soceity Boston will meet to approve new members? Want to use the designation finally…

I submitted mine to them on 8/8 and was approved 8/22, so if they only meet monthly, it may be a couple more weeks. I have zero idea about their procedures though or how often they meet.

I had the same question, mine has been in society review since 8/28. Does anyone know the Boston society’s process for approving applications? I have read on here that some societies automatically approve them if the CFAI approves your work experience. Is it possible for CFAI to approve your work experience and the local society to reject it? I have never heard of that happening but I assume it must be possible. I’m just trying to understand what the local society actually does when they review your application.

Think they meet monthly, from last month’s approval I’m guessing we will hear back the third week of the month. Hopefully sooner - would be nice if they replied to emails.

Meeting 2 days after results are released and then not meeting again for a month would be a pretty frustrating meeting schedule. I’m hoping they have a more frequent meeting schedule this month. I also was unable to get ahold of anyone at the society when I called.

Finally!! Never have been so excited to pay $350

Nice. Congrats. I am still waiting. 22 days left…

same, just approved!

Finally! Charterholder status! Congrats to all that made it. Good luck to those still working on it.