Looking back through old threads

I am looking back through the old threads since we started off from 2018, the time we were still L3 candidate, till 2019 like now. We’ve come such a long way. I miss you all 2019 L3 candidates. You guys deserve it all man. Anyway, the times we were struggling with study materials were the best after all. I really appreciate those times. Now we are Charterholder, reminiscence makes me think of you guys. Whatever path in life you guys taking from now, I wish you all the best. This is like bromance but I really feel that way.

[For future L3 candidates, you can stress out while studying and waiting for the result. But don’t forget to enjoy your ride while you’re on the journey as well. Can’t wait for you guys to join the club. Now go back to study and hit it hard folks.]

haha I’ve gone back to 2017 on AF a few times to check out some of the questions I asked the forum back in the day. My god was I a retard back then.

Bittersweet my man. I’ll never forget the frustrating Saturday nights trying to figure out forward valuation problems with peeps on Analystforum and reddit, or spending hours trying to deconstruct the topic tests (L2 FRA, I’ll see you in hell). I’m blessed to have started and ended this process in 2 years (July 2017-August 2017) and I look back on those loooong nights and missed Memorial Day weekends fondly. Staying in on Saturdays. 12 hour library seshes. Waking up at 7 am on weekends and pounding mock exams. Failing them and doubting myself. Doing EOCs literally standing up on a crowded train on the way to work. Late nights in the office. Debating IPS problems with AFers and redditors. Having the grit to push through- because of y’all.

It’s a fucked up journey and I’m proud of everyone on here. I can’t say that over time I’ll keep visiting this forum (still in the honeymoon phase of passing tbh), but for now I’m gonna stick around. In 5 years when I’m long gone from this forum I’ll still remember the names of all you homies that did this journey with me, and all the hours and collaboration we put in together.

Man, you got me all emotional now bro. I love you guys

This is touching bro! :slight_smile:

And you began with “Hi everyone!”. :wink:

I have it very difficult to say farewell to the program. Over the last years, I went to a very heavy period: I divorced, was financially broke and needed to start my life from zero. The only real routine in my life was coming home and study. Now the journey is over I have it hard to say farewell.

I am sorry to hear that. I wish all good things that come to you. And may each day of life bring the best for you my friend. Keep your head up!

Oh man… it’s been a few weeks now since results and taking in that reality of being done with the CFA program has been interesting - strange as it is…gonna miss the grind! Its been really hectic and all but parting ways from it is a journey of its own! I wish I posted more on this forum! I wish all yall the best!