Marc LeFebvre- Master of Long Term Memory Techniques

I am one of the many successful Level 3 candidates this year who attended the LevelUp Bootcamp at NYC. I have gained a lot from the LevelUp videos, Bootcamp and interactions with Marc. I did very well in the AM essay portion, which distinguishes the passing candidates from the candidates who do not pass. Everyone who has passed Level 3 will vouch that the competition is intense. I underestimated the competition and the depth of the questions that can be asked in Level 3. I was under the impression that Level 2 was the hardest.

Marc LeFebvre and his unique teaching method has raised my understanding on the Level 3 material, beyond what the exam needs one to know. He helped me internalize the body of knowledge, which I use at my work and while speaking to clients. Ultimately I hope to use this to further my career. What I have gained from Marc, is definitely more than what is needed for the exam.

Marc is adept in interlacing personal & professional anecdotes, stories, jokes and practical applications, in his classes which helps in long term retention. His material is the best in the industry. He works very hard at preparing each and every person who sign up for his classes. The number of times he reworks his slides based on candidate feedback shows his passion for what he does. He prepares himself very well to serve his candidates.

Marc’s bootcamp is intense. If one is not ready for it, it will be 4 very lonely days for you. To be ready for it, one needs to cover the curriculum at least once using his videos and solving problems. The harder one works before the 4 days, the more one can gain.

On a final note, Marc suggested some folks to form a study group in the same geographical location, which fostered group study and discussions. Bouncing ideas in small groups went a long way in riveting the knowledge to analyze and solve the problems presented in item sets. With practice it became second nature. Additionally once we pass one of the toughest exams in the world together, we remain friends for a long time. Along with everything else this too is a gift from Marc.

All Level 3 candidates- GO SEE MARC LeFebvre. Learn Level 3 material for Life- and pass the exam.

The best just got better. Schweser's upgraded content and redesigned study platform are exactly what you need to pass the Level III exam. Save 10% when you preorder a Premium Package for a limited time.

Morning, Marc

I concur with the above. I would also highlight that he is always available throughout your preparation. I have e-mailed, called and even texted Marc and got immediate attention throughout my journey. That speaks to his level of dedication. 

It is a competitive pool of candidates, do not underestimate this exam. Ultimately, it will depend on the time and effort you put, but rest assured that choosing Level Up as your provider will help you move up the curve. And will boost your chances of getting the charter. 

Wow similar user names GotMyCharter, GotHisCharter — both have less than 10 AF Points — both are promoting Marc. Fishy isn’t it.

Anyone who has gone to the Level Up Boot camp in 2019 and received the Charter this year would understand the contents of the posts as well the usernames. 

cc_1983 wrote:

Morning, Marc

i wish i can upvote this 1000000000x

mrow

Reads just like an infomercial testimonial 

hahaha all these posts have a similar structure to them; a quick overview of how Marc’s methodology is the best, how he ”connects” with his clients and is always available, and how his program is the only sure fire way to pass the exams. 

If you're the first out the door, that's not called panicking

SammyGotHisCharter, GotMyCharter, and SandyFred! Please identify yourself, who sent you? and who are you working for? wink

3 posts by the OP? sounds like sammy is either Marc, or is being paid by marc, or has a rebate coming.

125mph wrote:

3 posts by the OP? sounds like sammy is either Marc, or is being paid by marc, or has a rebate coming.

or one of Marc’s children?

It was a long shot, glad i made it.

This happens every year. It’s embarrassing. One of the reasons I didn’t choose to purchase his materials (besides not having the money) was exactly this. Let your clients share how good you are, and don’t create fake accounts to advertise yourself. It’s just sad

Yeah, this stuff can ruin the boards and it’s so dishonest. At least now we all know it’s fishy and future candidates will too.

I don’t think people know this! I constantly see people here and on other forums talking about Marc as this amazing guy. He is really building his image online.

I don’t have an opinion on his materials as I didn’t use them, but I won’t give my money to someone who creates fake accounts “à lá” Kevin Durant

As fishy/obvious as it appears, it doesn’t necessarily take away from the quality of his material.  His stuff is good.  I used it last year and unfortunately am going to need to retake this year.  This was entirely due to me having to stop studying in March due to work/family reasons.  I do intend to use his material again as I found his videos helpful and fit the style I was looking for.  For his sake, i hope this banter dies down because it’s taking the focus off of the quality of his product. 

cc_1983 wrote:

As fishy/obvious as it appears, it doesn’t necessarily take away from the quality of his material.  His stuff is good.  I used it last year and unfortunately am going to need to retake this year.  This was entirely due to me having to stop studying in March due to work/family reasons.  I do intend to use his material again as I found his videos helpful and fit the style I was looking for.  For his sake, i hope this banter dies down because it’s taking the focus off of the quality of his product. 

Without attempting a exam, it is too early for you to admit the quality of his material. First win the battle and then come back for testimony.

mskhan91 wrote:

cc_1983 wrote:

Without attempting a exam, it is too early for you to admit the quality of his material. First win the battle and then come back for testimony.

why do you assume I didn’t take the exam?  I did take the exam as I paid for it.  I’m also a CPA and passed two levels of the CFA.  so I think I’m qualified to judge prep providers at this point.  And as I said, his fits my style.  

For those of you who passed and are attending the Congratulatory Ceremony in NY on Nov 13, I will see you there.

My feedback on Marc is 100% authentic. If you decide to use another provider, I was just trying to reflect my experience. I was very pleased and my view is that his materials are outstanding. The level of detail of his slides is great. And his videos will help a lot to navigate the curriculum.

For what I understand CPA is a lot lighter than the CFA designation. But anyway, best of luck next year.

For those who have used Marc, did you first do his videos then the CFA readings or the other way around?

I started off with the videos first, but I switched to reading first then video. I found it more effective to read the material then have the video to highlight and reinforce the critical areas.

I also took Marc’s bootcamp in NYC this year in April, and I passed with a high margin. I did not take his videos, but I was well prepared -  started studying in November and finished all material a month before his bootcamp. This is the level of preparation he is asking from his students before they come to the bootcamp. Yes, I worked very hard on this level, but I would not pass without Marc. I understood that clearly after leaving the bootcamp. 

I know from experience that hard work is not enough, and I know what is failure. Apart from working hard, it is Equally important to have somebody to show you the Way. And this is what Marc does best.

With all due respect, Codtrawler87 and 125mph - you need to go chill.

Marc is a really good teacher, he works very hard on his material and he is available before and after the bootcamp to keep you on track. 

No, he is not the perfect human. Not all of his jokes are impeccable. He has flows like all of us. But he works his ass off to help you win. He really adds value. He is a Must for level 3.

Absolutely no one is telling his materials are bad and have low quality. With that said, it’s extremely strange that from the moment the results come out until December, this kind of posts start to come to all the forums.

And let me add that these are not innocent posts. These are clearly structured and professional posts, trying to present to all the candidates all his “qualities” and “success rate”. All that may be true, but ALWAYS coming from people who just created an account? All with the same structure, and sending the same message? What is this? I call this a strategy of sending your ads through fake accounts without paying for those ads.

Marc already has plenty of ads posted here, so he doesn’t need any of this. I myself created an account here to try to make people see the issue. I don’t like participating in these forums (although they helped me a lot during the CFA Program). However enough is enough, and this is in front of our eyes and nobody seems to care.

Post are “structured” and “professional” because people who pass are smart and professional and can write. As simple as that. I have my account here for few years. I have no interest in promoting Marc, nor do I think he is perfect. But he helped me greatly, and I would not pass without him. I want others to have less pain and to pass next year. End of story.

1olita wrote:

With all due respect, Codtrawler87 and 125mph - you need to go chill.

Shots fired!! Haha.

From what I can gather LevelUp is every bit as much a cult as it is a prep provider. 

1olita wrote:

it is Equally important to have somebody to show you the Way. 

Spoken like a true disciple. Don’t drink the Kool-Aid.  

1olita wrote:

Post are “structured” and “professional” because people who pass are smart and professional and can write. As simple as that. I have my account here for few years. I have no interest in promoting Marc, nor do I think he is perfect. But he helped me greatly, and I would not pass without him. I want others to have less pain and to pass next year. End of story.

does being smart and professional make your posts to include the same content as well? In all these posts, the content is the same, only the wording changes  

Perhaps it is hard to describe the same product in many different ways? ;)

But wait, you read ALL posts about Marc? Who is paying you to do it? :)

I can only speak for myself. I liked Marc’s bootcamp, it helped me a lot. I did not take his videos, so cannot judge those.

Good luck to everybody studying for level 3!

1olita wrote:

I can only speak for myself. I liked Marc’s bootcamp, it helped me a lot. I did not take his videos, so cannot judge those.

i also took the bootcamp, but did not see a lot of value after watching the videos. Overall, Not the best use of my time…

I am a huge fan of Mark Meldrum. Read the CFAI text, watch his videos and you will pass. No reason to spend 2-3k on the review provider. 

qbafinance wrote:

1olita wrote:

i also took the bootcamp, but did not see a lot of value after watching the videos. Overall, Not the best use of my time…

I am a huge fan of Mark Meldrum. Read the CFAI text, watch his videos and you will pass. No reason to spend 2-3k on the review provider. 

Ditto. Did not see much value of videos.

I agree.  For me the Bootcamp was a waste of time after the videos.  The Bootcamp was straight death by Powerpoint.  The only exception is the IPS review at the Bootcamp was very helpful and so was the binder of old exams. 

The Bootcamp is supposed to be a ~40 hours revision of the entire curriculum, which is intense.

But the intensity should not lead you to believe that the Quality is not the best. As Marc mentioned in the end- He did not ask you to take the level 3 exam. You did and he is just trying to help.

The slides refer to the curriculum all the time. It is not a second set of books.

Many have benefited from the Bootcamps and I am just sharing my experience and expressing my gratitude to Marc/LevelUp.