Sign up  |  Log in

Marc LeFebvre- Master of Long Term Memory Techniques

Respectfully, I don’t think it’s intense at all. All you do is sit there and listen to Marc read off the slides, (also brag and put down other review providers) for 40 hours . Also, questions are discouraged because there isn’t time for them. Maybe other people learn that way, but not me and not after already having read the books and watched the videos. The videos are very thorough and good. In my opinion, intense would be actually working problems, which you only do for a couple hours during the IPS review.  Listening to someone reading off PowerPoint for 40 hours is not intense at all.

A clear and personalized study plan is here! Schweser's upgraded content and redesigned study platform are exactly what you need to pass the Level III exam. Save 10% when you preorder a Premium Package for a limited time.

Unfortunately many people here have gone ahead to discuss the pros and cons of Marc and his package rather than this post’s intention.

The title says it all: “Marc LeFebvre- Master of Long Term Memory Techniques”

Just ask yourself, would you or any candidate ever create a new post with such a title?  What would drive anyone to do this?

Maverick_ wrote:

Respectfully, I don’t think it’s intense at all. All you do is sit there and listen to Marc read off the slides, (also brag and put down other review providers) for 40 hours . Also, questions are discouraged because there isn’t time for them. Maybe other people learn that way, but not me and not after already having read the books and watched the videos. The videos are very thorough and good. In my opinion, intense would be actually working problems, which you only do for a couple hours during the IPS review.  Listening to someone reading off PowerPoint for 40 hours is not intense at all.

^This is spot on.  Bootcamp is a waste of time, but you can’t get some of the materials unless you attend.  It’s kinda petty.  Marc is a very good teacher and the videos and slide book are excellent.  Reality is that in my bootcamp class of about 30-40 people the vast majority passed, so his results speak louder than all the bs marketing.  But….the funny thing is that after meeting him and listening to him talk about himself and competitors, he’s a unique character, and I can totally believe he might pay people to post positive reviews.   

I don’t understand why people keep talking about the people who passed after using his resources. Of course they are going to pass. If you spend ~2000 bucks on materials for this exam, you better study your ass off. Also, from what I understand, he says people should read the whole material once before the bootcamps or whatever, and therefore he is saying that you have to READ THE CFAI MATERIAL. If you read the CFAI material, you are more than prepared for the exam!!! Probably you passed because you read the books, which are really good in my opinion.

It’s the same thing as saying: “ok man, you want to lose weight? Look, you have to be hard on your diet, exercise 5 times a week, and sleep well. BUT, what will really get results is if you do all those things I’ve just mentioned BUT take this pill I invented that will make you a model within 6 months”.

LBJDL wrote:

I don’t understand why people keep talking about the people who passed after using his resources. Of course they are going to pass. If you spend ~2000 bucks on materials for this exam, you better study your ass off. Also, from what I understand, he says people should read the whole material once before the bootcamps or whatever, and therefore he is saying that you have to READ THE CFAI MATERIAL. If you read the CFAI material, you are more than prepared for the exam!!! Probably you passed because you read the books, which are really good in my opinion.

It’s the same thing as saying: “ok man, you want to lose weight? Look, you have to be hard on your diet, exercise 5 times a week, and sleep well. BUT, what will really get results is if you do all those things I’ve just mentioned BUT take this pill I invented that will make you a model within 6 months”.

I don’t know what you mean, the only thing that matters is the pass-rate of candidates who followed this instructors’ process.  

Malee wrote:

I don’t know what you mean, the only thing that matters is the pass-rate of candidates who followed this instructors’ process.  

I know, and I agree with you. I’m just saying that if he basically requires the candidates to read the full curriculum and then watch his videos, I don’t see much value added, especially for that price range he charges. IMO if you read the full curriculum you are very well prepared. 

LBJDL wrote:
Malee wrote:
I don’t know what you mean, the only thing that matters is the pass-rate of candidates who followed this instructors’ process.

I know, and I agree with you. I’m just saying that if he basically requires the candidates to read the full curriculum and then watch his videos, I don’t see much value added, especially for that price range he charges. IMO if you read the full curriculum you are very well prepared.

Bear in mind that reading the full curriculum isn’t tantamount to mastering it.

Simplify the complicated side; don't complify the simplicated side.

Financial Exam Help 123: The place to get help for the CFA® exams
http://financialexamhelp123.com/

S2000magician wrote:

LBJDL wrote:
Malee wrote:
I don’t know what you mean, the only thing that matters is the pass-rate of candidates who followed this instructors’ process.

I know, and I agree with you. I’m just saying that if he basically requires the candidates to read the full curriculum and then watch his videos, I don’t see much value added, especially for that price range he charges. IMO if you read the full curriculum you are very well prepared.

Bear in mind that reading the full curriculum isn’t tantamount to mastering it.

Wow it’s an honour to be mentioned in one of your comments ahah! I take the opportunity to thank you for all the work you’ve done here and on other forums to help candidates every year. Keep up the awesome work magician!

LBJDL wrote:
S2000magician wrote:
LBJDL wrote:
Malee wrote:
I don’t know what you mean, the only thing that matters is the pass-rate of candidates who followed this instructors’ process.

I know, and I agree with you. I’m just saying that if he basically requires the candidates to read the full curriculum and then watch his videos, I don’t see much value added, especially for that price range he charges. IMO if you read the full curriculum you are very well prepared.

Bear in mind that reading the full curriculum isn’t tantamount to mastering it.

Wow it’s an honour to be mentioned in one of your comments ahah! I take the opportunity to thank you for all the work you’ve done here and on other forums to help candidates every year. Keep up the awesome work magician!

I think that you’re making a mountain out of a molehill, but you’re quite welcome.

Remember, you guys to all of the heavy lifting.

Simplify the complicated side; don't complify the simplicated side.

Financial Exam Help 123: The place to get help for the CFA® exams
http://financialexamhelp123.com/

S2000magician wrote:

LBJDL wrote:
S2000magician wrote:
LBJDL wrote:
Malee wrote:
I don’t know what you mean, the only thing that matters is the pass-rate of candidates who followed this instructors’ process.

I know, and I agree with you. I’m just saying that if he basically requires the candidates to read the full curriculum and then watch his videos, I don’t see much value added, especially for that price range he charges. IMO if you read the full curriculum you are very well prepared.

Bear in mind that reading the full curriculum isn’t tantamount to mastering it.

Wow it’s an honour to be mentioned in one of your comments ahah! I take the opportunity to thank you for all the work you’ve done here and on other forums to help candidates every year. Keep up the awesome work magician!

I think that you’re making a mountain out of a molehill, but you’re quite welcome.

Remember, you guys to all of the heavy lifting.

If AF’s favorite magician won’t mind a few words from an admirer soul would certainly do no harm to anybody. Surely not to  ‘The Bill Campbell’.

Lord of the rings happen to be one myall time favorite movie series. In fact ‘HerbsDelite’ is born out of that. In that among the Istaris (wizards) , there was one funny character- Radagast the Brown. Radagast was an emissary of Yvana the custodian of all Flora and Fauna. While many see and perceive Radagast as a persona non grata it was not without a purpose ( and deeply seated one at that) that Radagast was chosen to venture the Middlearth along with Saruman, Gandalf, Alatar and Pallondo. While other than Gandalf nobody really cared for Radagast much  (Saruman Meldrum ..er sorry once calling him a Fool) Radagast was a potent and powerful Istari who knew the way to keep balance should Sauron finally wreck the ultimate destruction. It was deceptive in all. People only see the funny, almost benign all helpful ever cheerful witty little Radagast riding on Rabbit sledge without knowing ( I think Tolkien the CFA Institute wanted it that way) what an indispensable role he had to play. For he the one who warned  the Level III Gandalfs about how treacherous Dol Guldur has become or that his single handed effort to rescue Gandalf from Orthmanc- the Castle where Gandalf was imprisoned by Saruman. His Contributions are often overlooked, mentioned mildly almost beckoning into a thankless saga. But I love Radagast.

back against the wall. no retreat no surrender.